Easy PIN question

diaz1510

diaz1510

was this feature removed? just curious...I've enabled all my users to have an Easy PIN and thought it was meant to be easier when logging on to the server locally at home.  I use both Emby Theater and the Web Client at home (99% Im using ET tho) and I see no option to enter it to login...

Edited by diaz1510

Vidman

If you enable the setting without setting a pin for each user then any user with no pin assigned will automatically sign in when on your local network

Edited by Vidman

Happy2Play

Set Easy pin numbers still work as passwords in Stable 3.0.5882.0, but don't work in beta or dev.

diaz1510

OK, I think I may be confused about how this is supposed to be utilized.  I thought by enabling and setting a PIN for each user, than while on a local home network, once entered, you wouldn't have to sign in when switching between users.  So what is the point of the Easy PIN?  I'm even more confused now then before.  But even before that, there is nowhere to enter the Easy PIN during login.  I have 3 users on my account, one of them being my admin account.  Whenever I want to switch to another user, I log out (when I use both ET or the web client), and then select the desired new user, but I don't get an option to enter a PIN, just Name and Password

My ultimate goal is, I'd like to be able to switch between user accounts without constantly entering passwords/PINS while I am at home on my local network, but requiring a password/PIN while logging in remotely...

I am using 5882 server version BTW

but I don't get an option to enter a PIN, just Name and Password

The password would be the PIN in that instance.

The point of this feature is two-fold:

1) If you set a PIN it creates an easy-to-enter from a remote control (i.e. a number) password that is only valid when on the local network.  Makes it much easier to log in to TV clients without having to expose your user to the world with a simple four-digit password.

2) If you don't set the PIN then no password is required when on the local LAN.

Vidman

OK, I think I may be confused about how this is supposed to be utilized. I thought by enabling and setting a PIN for each user, than while on a local home network, once entered, you wouldn't have to sign in when switching between users. So what is the point of the Easy PIN? I'm even more confused now then before. But even before that, there is nowhere to enter the Easy PIN during login. I have 3 users on my account, one of them being my admin account. Whenever I want to switch to another user, I log out (when I use both ET or the web client), and then select the desired new user, but I don't get an option to enter a PIN, just Name and Password

My ultimate goal is, I'd like to be able to switch between user accounts without constantly entering passwords/PINS while I am at home on my local network, but requiring a password/PIN while logging in remotely...

I am using 5882 server version BTW

You should have described what you wanted to achieve first up, to do what you want you enable the setting and clear the pin for each user, then no pin/password will be required when on your local LAN , but still need a password for remote access.... As both ebr and myself explained Edited by Vidman

Happy2Play

password/PIN while logging in remotely...

As noted in its description Easy Pin only works in-network/LAN.  Remote access will require a password.

diaz1510

OK, I see. sounds good.  Well now how do undo the easy PIN?  I can't delete it, i tried resetting the password, un-ebaling and re-enabling, restarting the server, chaing to different passwords, but it will not get rid of that easy PIN. Even when I remove the password completely, when I log out it still prompts me for a password/PIIN...and the one I had removed still works

Edited by diaz1510

Happy2Play

There is a reset pin option in Profile if one is set (Click your user Icon top right).

diaz1510

OK, this is super frustrating.  This can't be done from the server dashboard under Users?  You can create a PIN/password there, but can't remove it?  OK, so then I got to Profile and I get no option to remove or reset the PIN.  And yes, one seems to be set.  I have to still enter it to log back in when I log out of either the web client or ET on my local network.  All I want to do is remove the PIN but keep the password that I have set.  This is all I get:

56f8c268750f9_Untitled.jpg

I have totally disabled any sort of password in the server at this point:

56f8c4c333cad_Untitled1.jpg

And this is what comes up when I log out and try to log back in...still get asked for a password..

56f8c4e562746_Untitled2.jpg

Edited by diaz1510

Happy2Play

It only appears as an option when you have a set password.

56f8c5adc93b2_user.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

diaz1510

awesome!..ok, i had to go to my user account...remove the password, create a new password, then go into the profile and make the change you suggested. Lots of steps but worked perfect...thanks.  I kind of wish it was a bit easier to do this change, maybe making it so you can do it from within the server dashboard.  Seems weird to have to remove a PIN/password from a different place than where it was created...

But thanks again for coming through! especially this late on a sunday! much appreciated

Edited by diaz1510
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

I agree the userpassword.html and myprofile.html should be the same.