WMC says unable to Launch MB3.

cpttango30
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

cpttango30
Part of the system I am having a problem with? Not sure, WMC says unable to launch "MediaBrowser 3" MB Classic

Server Version: Most current LOL Joking.... Version 3.0.5105.17830

About 1 to 2 weeks ago after an update I started getting unable to launch from WMC I would shut the server side down and restart it and it would be fine until I closed mbclassic then I would have to restart it again. Now nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times still getting same error message from WMC. 

MB Classic Log 12-19-13.log

server-63523591503.log

Winlog.txt

First thing to do is uninstall MBC and then re-install it via the link on the web site.  You are running an interim dev release but not the latest dev release.  It looks like, based on the error, that something in the installation is messed up as WMC is not able to find a necessary component for our application.

cpttango30

reinstalled MBclassic. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Now I don't get the first message anymore. I now get Media Browser is not responding when opening MBC in WMC. 

• 2 weeks later...
cpttango30

OK sorry took so long been so busy. Kids relitives, animal rescue work, my real job.... 

OK so here we go. 

MB Classic version 3.0.100.0 (Installed from mb3 website link) 

When I go to open the configurator It crashes. When I open WMC it now says it failed to start MBC. I tried this today and Installed today. I am attaching the winlog for it and also the crash report for when I opened configurator. 

I am hoping it is not a bad sector of my hdd. 

MBC Config error crash.txt

Winlog.txt

MBClassic-612014d997e7fe482c49448719671dd15d8a07.log

server-63524601745.log

Edited by cpttango30

cpttango30

Server version is 3.05115.35703

Classic and Server are both on same machine. 

post-875-0-23019400-1389038308_thumb.png

Edited by cpttango30

• Solution

You need to search your machine for MediaBrowser.Model.dll.  You have an old one floating around somewhere that is getting picked up by MBC.

• Like 1

Logos302

Uninstall mbc, search for the file MediaBrowser.Model.dll on your entire hard drive, re-install mbc.  That should insure that only the correct one it installed.  

• Like 1

cpttango30

I scanned for the file and I did find 2 one was in system.old and one in system. I deleted system.old and restarted the computer. Still same issues. So then I uninstalled everything using Revo Uninstaller which scans the system for any leftovers. I did the scans and deleted all leftovers. Going to start installing today. 

OK just finished installing, it now works. WOOT WOOT. Thanks for all the help guys. 

Though it would be nice if it didn't leave so much junk left over after an uninstall. 

I don't think it was us.  

I suspect it was Windows that put that dll in one of its 'secret' locations at one point.  If you try to install something and, for some reason, it won't go in the place it is supposed to, Windows puts it in a hidden location and just moves on.  I suspect this happened to you once and then you installed again, but it went in the proper place this time - leaving you with the old installation and the new one at the same time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...