Missing images everywhere

2BTSquared

2BTSquared

So... first off... I'm new to Media Browser... So I'm learning...

Looking through the Metadata Manager I note that there are a lot of missing image icons on every level as I drill down through them. For example, my music collection is missing the Primary and Backdrop images. On the artist level some are missing logo images, others are not. On the album level some are missing backdrop images, others are missing backdrop and primary images. On the song level, some are missing the primary image. 

I noted that missing song primary images would show up after I included the album cover image in the ID3 tags for some albums, but not before. On the other hand I've included the album cover image in the ID3 tags on other albums and no primary image ever shows up for the songs. So should one include the album cover image in the ID3 tags or is that a waste?

What images are automatically populated so far seems inconsistent to me. 

Also, I see you can choose many options for Image type when uploading images. Is there a handy explanation/guide for what each of these mean so that one can effectively use them? Or do you just have to figure it out through trial and error?

Also, is there a good source for things like logo's and banners (not that I even know how they are displayed yet)?

Lastly, is there a guide that explains what exactly Media Browser does (how it determines artist/album/movie etc. information and goes out at gets the meta data and images etc.)? I've seen the term scraping used - but hey - since I'm new to this it's french. I don't know, but it seems that I could use Media Browser more effectively if I had some more explicit reading material on how it goes about it's business.  

Hi and welcome to the forum and Media Browser.

To learn more about MB in general I suggest you have a read of the Tutorials & Guides section here

Also have a peruse at the FAQ section here

There is a huge selection of images for TV, Movies and Music at fanart.tv here

After looking over these sections and fanart,if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Yogi

2BTSquared

Hi and welcome to the forum and Media Browser.

To learn more about MB in general I suggest you have a read of the Tutorials & Guides section here

Also have a peruse at the FAQ section here

There is a huge selection of images for TV, Movies and Music at fanart.tv here

After looking over these sections and fanart,if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Yogi

I have looked over these sections. I then posted the above question. So no, those FAQs, Tutorials, and Guides aren't getting it in terms of what I'm looking for.

Brendon

Welcome to MB t^2

as far as your images go mate, check the Web UI Dashboard and in Metadata > 'Image Downloading' and also 'Advanced' look and make sure all the check boxes are marked for images you want downloaded.

As far as a guide for the images and what's what goes, i'll write a little something up for you shortly as soon as i have finished up what i am curently doing ;)

with metadata (information retreived), to the best of my knowledge the filename is used to search, which is why it can be handy to add (YEAR) to your movie titles/folders as it stops confusion for titles of the same name, same for TV (also based upon folder structure for tv i believe to determine seasons etc..) music is the real unknown atm, there is a lot of work going on with that behind the scenes by the developers but i will say it is looking very very good, and if i am correct for the moment music will read your tags first, then look to search for any missing info based on what is already in the tags.

Also keep in mind MB3 is still pretty much a child and MBT a newborn, there is lots to look forward to in the growing years :D

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

For albums and tracks, the images are taken from mp3 tags embedded within the song files themselves. Make sure you have all the proper tags set for these. I used Picard by MusicBrainz for this: https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard

Others like the programs mp3tags as well.

For artists, Media Browser will try to pull the information from MusicBrainz' website. You might have to pull some manually from Allmusic.com as well.

As far as other images, not all content has all the images. The system can only pull in what is available. If the movie / television show is not as popular or older, you're more likely to be missing imagery. For movies, it tries to pull in information from themoviedb.org. For television, it pulls from thetvdb.com. You might check fanart.tv as well for additional artwork.

• Like 1

2BTSquared

As far as a guide for the images and what's what goes, i'll write a little something up for you shortly as soon as i have finished up what i am curently doing ;)

Awesome! Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.