Multiple folders in a library not showing media

Diedrich

Diedrich

Server 3.0.5897

Okay, I give up - I need help, please. I can not get the TV shows to be shown in a newly created library. What I did different this time was to add specific TV show folders rather than the whole TV folder (M:TV:) as had been done with another library. Here is my setup:

Marisa's TV (Folders)

M:Dancing With The Stars

M:TV:Grey's Anatomy

M:TV:NCIS

I force scanned the libraries and I have this library accessible to user Marisa but when I go to view her library Web GUI there are no TV shows or episodes listed.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by dvgmar

I think your post above has some escaping issues but be sure you are not trying to point to the root of a drive and don't use mapped network drives.

You should not be adding individual TV series folders to the library.  Just a single parent folder that contains all of the TV series folders.

Diedrich

I think your post above has some escaping issues but be sure you are not trying to point to the root of a drive and don't use mapped network drives.

You should not be adding individual TV series folders to the library. Just a single parent folder that contains all of the TV series folders.

Sorry, I just noticed the formatting in the OP - fixed.

No. I'm using local path naming to the M drive > TV > Show Name Folder

I did this because I assumed this would be the way to limit the content available to a particular user. EDIT: It just came to me, I could possibly use symlink with the intent of creating a top-level path with the TV series folders beneath that.

Edited by dvgmar

Deathsquirrel

Sorry, I just noticed the formatting in the OP - fixed.

No. I'm using local path naming to the M drive > TV > Show Name Folder

I did this because I assumed this would be the way to limit the content available to a particular user. EDIT: It just came to me, I could possibly use symlink with the intent of creating a top-level path with the TV series folders beneath that.

In that scenario just add M:\tv to the library, it will pick up the shows in the folder.  That said, instead of using mapped drives it should really be the UNC path, \\server\share\TV instead.

Diedrich

In that scenario just add M:\tv to the library, it will pick up the shows in the folder. That said, instead of using mapped drives it should really be the UNC path, \\server\share\TV instead.

It's all on the local machine. What I did was create a new folder that contained the hardlink to the series folders. This then gave me a top-level folder which Emby was able to identify the various series. I was then able to assign this new library to a single user.

ThaDraGun

read through the replys again. I will make my own thread.

good luck

Edited by ThaDraGun