"Losing" the remote commands

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

I have installed Emby Theater and use a Logitech Remote. When I've been watching a movie for a while and stop, I can no longer use the arrow buttons. I can use "back" and "ok" and that's it. Going all the way back to the login screen and then into Emby Theater again fixes it.

This post shows it isn't just me.

Would this sort of thing be logged?

• Like 2

DoubleDD

I'm also running into this issue using the arrow keys on a keyboard.

For example, I have a number of movies with multiple audio tracks (ie commentary tracks).

When I first start up ET I can easily navigate to any movie using the arrow keys and start playing the movie.

I then use the arrow keys to highlight the 'audio select' icon to switch audio tracks.  The audio track switches without issue.

If I try and switch the audio track again I can't because all four arrow keys stop working.

The 'back' and 'enter' keys work, but not the arrow keys, just like the OP.

Restarting ET seems to be the only way to get the arrow keys working again.

Thanks...

denz

Have the same problem the only way to restore is to go to select server otherwise a mouse is needed. On my pc it is very easy to reproduce go watch a movie press back and back again and focus is lost. The only button that works is back button. 

Starlionblue

This happens a lot for me, and I think it's related to the screensaver.

Could be. But it happens to me even when the screensaver hasn't started.

JustEric78

Just chiming in that I have this problem after exiting a movie on my Harmony remote as well as Harmony smart keyboard. I usually close Emby and open it back up. 

joshstix

I believe this started when the change was made to have the home screen dynamically update for watched and resumable status.

What I have seen is when quitting out of a movie that as far as the system is complete, ie has played a high enough percentage that the media is now tagged as played and is not resumable, when first getting to the home screen the media is still listed as the item with the focus.  Then very quickly it is removed from the home screen by the updating and for some reason the focus goes along with the icon for the movie.

I believe this started when the change was made to have the home screen dynamically update for watched and resumable status.

What I have seen is when quitting out of a movie that as far as the system is complete, ie has played a high enough percentage that the media is now tagged as played and is not resumable, when first getting to the home screen the media is still listed as the item with the focus.  Then very quickly it is removed from the home screen by the updating and for some reason the focus goes along with the icon for the movie.

Lost focus returning to home screen

It is a known issue. Just hasn't been addressed yet.  Thanks for the report.

Lost focus returning to home screen

It is a known issue. Just hasn't been addressed yet.  Thanks for the report.

This is a biggie ebr - affecting core usability, especially as ET is the 'future' of Emby on a HTPC. Don't know how far down the list of things to fix it is, but it should be a priority.