harrying

Just started experimenting with Xbox One Emby theater via Edge

When using PlayTo DLNA on xBoxOne I get direct play

When using Emby Theater for XboxOne it always transcodes

Have added path substitutions but to no avail

It is transcoding mpeg2video to h264 and passing the ac3 audio

Any suggestions

chef

This might have to do with limitations in edge browser, whereas codec capabilities from the xbox players are more extensive.

Just a theory though...

Edited by chef

That's exactly the reason. Browser features are big industry topic right now so I have a feeling sooner or later they'll become equivalent, but in the meantime you do have to choose what is most important to you.

harrying

Lets hope MS updates the Edge browser or we get a real xbox one app that isn't dependent on the browser

I took a look at the logs

Even though the server log shows the path substitutions i loaded

[{"From":"F:\\Movie Browser","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\f\\Movie Browser"},{"From":"I:\\Movie Browser","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\i\\Movie Browser"},{"From":"J:\\Movie Browser","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\j\\Movie Browser"},{"From":"K:\\Movie Browser","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\k\\Movie Browser"},{"From":"L:\\Movie Browser","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\l\\Movie Browser"},{"From":"M:\\Movie Browser","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\m\\Movie Browser"},{"From":"m:\\Music","To":"\\\\IngramMediaServ\\m\\Music"}],"UICulture":"en-us","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":false,"DownloadWriterMetadata":false,"DownloadComposerMetadata":true,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"SaveMetadataHidden":false,"ContentTypes":

The transcode log still shows the drive letter

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"fead32a81023db4f24422f58c8811acc","Path":"F:\\Movie Browser\\10 Things I Hate About You (1999)\\10 Things I Hate About You.mpg","Type":"Default","Container":"mpg","Name":"720P/MPEG2VIDEO/AC3","RunTimeTicks":58469410000,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":

Shouldn't it have substituted the network path

no, sorry, path substitution doesn't apply for the xbox, not here or on dlna either.