Recorded TV - Audio Out of Sync

drewtlo

drewtlo

Hello,

I have the option for converting recorded programs to MP4 on the fly toggled, and the audio is always noticeably out of sync. Is there a way to get it to sync up?

I'm running Emby on a Mac Mini 2011 I5 dual core with 16 GB of RAM

Thank you

drewtlo

I turned off the option to convert to MP4 on the fly, and the audio seems synched up now. 

Hi, apologies for the delayed response. I have not seen this myself, but the next server release will add some specific encoding parameters for audio syncing. I did post a test build for osx the other day for another user, in case you'd like to try it out:

Edit: This fix is now incorporated into the latest release available on the website

Keep in mind, this build has lots of other changes that are still a work in progress, so if this isn't really important to you than you may just want to wait. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
drewtlo

It's tempting to give the build a shot, but I'll wait. Thanks very much Luke! Really glad I switched to Emby :) 

It's tempting to give the build a shot, but I'll wait. Thanks very much Luke! Really glad I switched to Emby :)

Thanks, glad to hear it :) Just fyi - you do not need to use this test build anymore as there is a new release on the website now. 

• 2 weeks later...
revengineer

Which version implements the fix? I just watched a show recorded with v5911 and the audio was terribly out of sync.

revengineer

I updated to 5913 today. I just scheduled another recording to test more as well. Will watch this show tomorrow evening and then report back. 

revengineer

Luke, I did some more testing and found that the sync issue occurs when I play the recorded show through my Roku box. When I play through the Android app or through the web interface on Chrome, the audio is in sync. So the issue is device dependent. I hope this helps in tracking down the issue.

When it is in-sync is it transcoding and out of sync when it is direct playing - or vice versa?

revengineer

When I watch through the web browser, it is in sync. At that time no ffmpeg process is running on the server, so it does seem to be transcoding at that time. Also,I can play the mp4 file on VLC and it is in sync. So it is definitely in sync when NOT transcoding,