Weird Music Tag Issue

Surfdude

Surfdude

Hi guys,

I don't think this is specifically an Emby issue, but it does seem to be the most prevalent in Emby and I was hoping someone here might have seen it before.

I have a significant number of albums that are displaying the album title, and every track name within, twice separated by a semicolon. 

For example, two of the seven Alice in Chains albums are showing up this way:

qPryDZl.png

And, every track within:

NJ1kkFO.png

Emby also does not pick up the year of these albums, which is how I have my albums sorted in Kodi; it just bunches them up at the beginning.

If I disable the music library in Emby for Kodi, Kodi displays the albums perfectly with correct (singular) titles and year. However, I recently gave the "Groove Music" app in Windows 10 a quick test drive (it's awful!) and I noticed that many of these same albums are showing up as "Unknown", which is why I'm thinking this is a problem with the tags rather than with Emby.

I've had a look at the tags of these files (ripped as FLAC) and I can't see anything that stands out. The only difference I can see between them and the rest is that the single digit tracks in the filenames have a zero in front (ie. "01 - All Secrets Known.flac" instead of "1 - All Secrets Known.flac"). Obviously that shouldn't be enough to cause this issue and, unsurprisingly, renaming the file to remove the zero does not fix it.

Presumably, it's just because I was using a different program or different settings or something when ripping these albums but, as there are over fifty affected, I was hoping someone could suggest a fix that doesn't involve me spending an entire weekend re-ripping my CDs!

Thanks in advance.

Ok, yes, very old. What I would suggest doing is updating to the latest version of Emby Server. 

Happy2Play

You will probably have to do a refresh for that library also after the update.