Former Media Browser User

Stamina1914
Go to solution Solved by Stamina1914,

Stamina1914

When I built my HTPC I used MB and ripped tons of movies to my HD.  About 4 months ago my ripped movies stopped play on both MB and the plex format.  I was instructed by a poster on AVS forums that I should download Ebmy. However it seems to be that my videos should still play regardless of what format I used.

So A, can someone offer advice on what maybe causing my movies from not playing and B. how do I go about transitioning from MB to Emby.  Thanks

legallink

We'll need more information than that.  Mediabrowser 2.X was "sunset" a long time ago.  I don't know that other than the devs, many people can help you.  I would give Emby a try and see if that solves your problem initially.

That being said, what format did you rip your movies to?  Container, codec(s), and other file specific information is/would be helpful.  Also, what platforms are you trying to play them on/with? Browser/Mobile App/Web App?

Additionally, my initial impression is that if they all stopped playing, and they played previously, it is environment related and not file related.  Aka, drive/software/hardware setup and not anything else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
Stamina1914

To confirm, I used MKV for everything. Additionally, My movies are playing when I use VLC media player, but do not play when I using Plex or my via Media Browser. Any thoughts I would greatly appreciate.