Trakt Plugin: Not Respecting Next Up Priority Logic on playstate import

ginjaninja

ginjaninja
If I play Show X episode Y on the local media server

episode Y+1 is placed highest on next up (sounds good, it is  the most likely show/episode i want to watch next)

If I play Show X episode Y on an alternative media server linked to trakt

trakt plugin on local media server imports the play state and the episode Y+1 is in next up on local media server...but not at the top.

Is this because, the play time is not imported, just the play state...?

Could the play time be imported?

trakt website is aware of the play time.

Edited by ginjaninja

• 1 month later...
ginjaninja

or to put it another way, if epsiodes of show have never been played on the local media server...

but only ever played on a remote media server linked to the same trakt account (as the local media server)

the show never gets into 'next up' on the local media server (even thought the trakt plugin on the local media server is updating the play status of the episodes on the show reliably).

i always thought an episode was on 'next up' because (..simplifying all the detection logic...) the show is 'currently being watched'...

im just highlighting that the trakt plugin is doing 99% of the hard work...but missing a bit in the use case of multiple media servers...

if the episodes are marked watched then that's all it should really need. the only thing i can think of is that maybe they are in next up but just not in the top X number that the UI is showing.

ginjaninja

hmmm...apologies my mistake i ve tested it again...on a new series and had no problem...

on previous occasions i could have sworn newly started series were not on next up...maybe they just were not at the top like you say...ill keeep an eye on for the next few series

thanks

• 2 months later...
ginjaninja

Just started watching season 4 of Orange is the New Black on a foreign media server. (having watched seasons 1-3 already)

The local media browser server is updating its 'played status' correctly via trakt plugin...

both the foreign and local media server are showing s04e01 and s04e02 are watched....

However, S04E03 is NOT in 'next up' of the local media browser server..

Marking S04E02 unwatched then watched on the local media server had no effect (S04E03 still did not show on next up)

Marking S04E02 unwatched, then simulating watching S04E02 for real, did put S04E03 on next up. (playing the episode and letting it reach the end).

Next up logic is appreciating a difference between 'trakt import of played status and watched status change (red tick)' and actually watching the episode. 

I can imagine circumstances where its possibly good that shows might become 'dormant' from 'next up'

But once trakt started set 'watched status' 'on' for S04E01 then S04E02, I would say its not right that S04E03 is not on next up.

what do the devs think, and are the symptoms understood?

ginjaninja

seems to be working now...perhaps the recent 'update date played for trakt' fixed it?