Pictures not showing

josch.hh

josch.hh

If i open pictures within the web client or the ios app i get to 90% a black screen not showing the picture but only the controll buttons.

The overview pages are working, even if they are loading very slow the first time you call them.

Log says:

2016-03-19 23:43:11.3633 Info HttpServer: HTTP SUBSCRIBE http://192.168.42.2:8096/dlna/5e2f5831a4857a8ed82c26c1e7d519c9/contentdirectory/events. UserAgent:
2016-03-19 23:43:11.3633 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5882.0
        Command line: /data/emby/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /data/emby/data -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /data/emby/systemctl_restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 4.2.0.25
        Processor count: 2
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        Program data path: /data/emby/data
        Mono: 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu4)
        Application Path: /data/emby/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
        Event with Id uuid:6baa8b38a35141f28640585676d31e2f not found.
        MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException
        at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Eventing.EventManager.GetSubscription (string,bool) <0x000bf>
        at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Eventing.EventManager.RenewEventSubscription (string,System.Nullable`1<int>) <0x00053>
        at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Service.BaseService.RenewEventSubscription (string,System.Nullable`1<int>) <0x00032>
        at MediaBrowser.Api.Dlna.DlnaServerService.ProcessEventRequest (MediaBrowser.Controller.Dlna.IEventManager) <0x000f5>
        at MediaBrowser.Api.Dlna.DlnaServerService.Any (MediaBrowser.Api.Dlna.ProcessContentDirectoryEventRequest) <0x00017>
        at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
        at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.Dlna.ProcessContentDirectoryEventRequest>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.Dlna.ProcessContentDirectoryEventRequest) <0x003d8>

2016-03-19 23:43:11.3633 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /dlna/5e2f5831a4857a8ed82c26c1e7d519c9/contentdirectory/events
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5882.0
        Command line: /data/emby/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /data/emby/data -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /data/emby/systemctl_restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 4.2.0.25
        Processor count: 2
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        Program data path: /data/emby/data
        Mono: 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu4)
        Application Path: /data/emby/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
        Event with Id uuid:6baa8b38a35141f28640585676d31e2f not found.
        ServiceStack.HttpError
        No Stack Trace Available

2016-03-19 23:43:11.3633 Error NotFoundHttpHandler: 192.168.42.2:8096 Request not found: /dlna/5e2f5831a4857a8ed82c26c1e7d519c9/contentdirectory/events
2016-03-19 23:43:11.3633 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.42.60. Time: 1ms. http://192.168.42.2:8096/dlna/5e2f5831a4857a8ed82c26c1e7d519c9/contentdirectory/events

Jobber8742

sounds like the same error I'm showing. working on getting a log up. This happened when the server just updated. 

arrbee99

Is this the same thing as I'm getting, everything only showing as thumbs even though its set to show posters (Win 10 Pro, latest dev server in Chrome)

56ede66bd2e9e_EmbyThumbsonly.jpg

56ede6e4c8d57_EmbyThumbsonly1.jpg

Also there's no info for actors and looking at the movies 'tab' the movies are apparently in random order but with the movie collections all stuck at the end in reverse alphabetical order. This might be fixed if I try rebooting things, but thought I'd mention it in the meantime.

Happy2Play

Is this the same thing as I'm getting, everything only showing as thumbs even though its set to show posters (Win 10 Pro, latest dev server in Chrome)

56ede66bd2e9e_EmbyThumbsonly.jpg

56ede6e4c8d57_EmbyThumbsonly1.jpg

Also there's no info for actors and looking at the movies 'tab' the movies are apparently in random order but with the movie collections all stuck at the end in reverse alphabetical order. This might be fixed if I try rebooting things, but thought I'd mention it in the meantime.

Nope since OP is on stable release according to the log.   I don't see that issue in dev Version 3.0.5922.31976

There was an issue in beta 5908 that was fixed so you may need to update your dev version.

Edited by Happy2Play

arrbee99

Just updated to Version 3.0.5922.31976 from 5922.27945 and its back to normal. Yay. Also, something must have de-selected the movie sorting as I just had to tell it to sort alphabetically and that's fine as well. Thanks very much

josch.hh

HI, please supply a complete log file. thanks.

Full log attached.

It shows that i started emby server, opened the web client and brower fotos.

The first time i clicked on a foto it worked and show up correctly even starting a slide show.

After browsing back to the overview page and selecting a new foto it didn't work anymore and wasn't showing anything.

P.S.:

Over night a file named unhandled_dfd98965-a7ec-470a-ad88-5a0f61e6e7c0.txt apparead in the logs folder and contains (this is the complete content):

The task has already completed
System.InvalidOperationException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.SetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteProviderInfoRepository+<SaveMetadataStatus>d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteProviderInfoRepository/<SaveMetadataStatus>d__8:MoveNext ()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaiterActionContinuation.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ProcessCompleteDelegates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Finish () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThreadStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TpScheduler.TaskExecuterCallback (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

server-63594062407.txt

In your case ImageMagick has failed to load so you might want to figure that out. What linux package are you using? You might also want to upgrade your version of mono as 3.2.8 is pretty old now.

josch.hh

Currently using standard ubuntu 15.10.

I guess with 16.4 we will have a 4.x mono in ubuntu.

Any mnore hints concerning imagemagick?

In that case, the instructions for ImageMagick are covered on the manual install instructions on the website. If they don't make sense, then please specify exactly where you're getting stuck. Thanks.

josch.hh

In that case, the instructions for ImageMagick are covered on the manual install instructions on the website. If they don't make sense, then please specify exactly where you're getting stuck. Thanks.

If you aare talking about this:

========================

Install Dependencies
  • mono 3.4 or above
  • sqlite3
  • ImageMagick (preferably Q8, without OpenMP, without HDRI)
Get Emby Server
Configure
  • Adjust ImageMagickSharp.dll.config as needed to point to the installed version of ImageMagick
  • Adjust System.Data.SQLite.dll.config as needed to point to the installed version of sqlite3
Run Emby Server
  • mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Run Setup Wizard

Visit http://localhost:8096

=======================

I did what was written there, but there is nothing too specific for IM

Edited by josch.hh

And/or can you just use the packages that we already have? You have a choice between the Ubuntu package and Docker. it saves everybody involved a lot of time because then we don't have to debug these sorts of things.

josch.hh

I now uninstalled all default Ubuntu 15.10 IM and MONO packages and used your packages from repo:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_15.10/

Your packages in your repo seem to like ubuntu "standard", but i am using a headless ubuntu "server", see attached log.

Anyhow emby is running but the issue with the pictures is the same, but nothing in the log after "gome / gconf" error.

Update: Funny... I restarted emby server and now my added media is gone. I still can see it in the server config in the section library but in the media browser they are gone... see screenshot.

This happened now several times also with the manual installation. Sometimes it helped when i did a log off and log in, but not always...

56ef123694527_cc.jpg

emby-server.log

Edited by josch.hh

Ok, thanks for trying that. in this case image magick loaded fine but for some reason it stalled attempting to launch the startup wizard url. that's strange because in headless environments it normally just errors, we catch the error and then just log it. In your case it looks like we should probably just not even attempt it at all.

well you're going to have to update the dll config file potentially as mentioned on the manual download page. also ensure anything that image magick depends on is installed as well. 

josch.hh

dependency should be resolved by apt.

but as the issue with IM was exsiting as well with your repo i am wondering that i can't be the only one...

BTW any idea what could be wrong with the missing "media libs link" ?

josch.hh

I am running the manual install again and downloaded gthe latest IM and complied it locally with Q8:

ImageMagick 6.9.3-7 Q8

The issue remains whatever i do.

Can you plz check it again.

To repeat what i did:

1. Add my picure folder to fresh emyb configuration.

2. Browers with emby web client into a folder in the structure -> overview of pictures always shows well.

3. Select a arbitrary picture to show -> always works the first time after starting emby

4. Go back to the overview and select a different picture -> black screen, only the controll buttons are visible

BTW while testing this again the issue that the media lib disapeared so that i had to remove it and add it again in the server config

Log.txt

it looks like image magick is loading fine now. i guess try clearing browsing data.

ok, unfortunately i'm not really sure what to say right now because the log looks fine to me, and even shows successful image requests and responses

2016-03-22 23:33:33.0146 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.42.122. Time: 616ms. http://main-server:8096/emby/Items/a24021fb1a34c50058286ae18d7aaa55/Images/Primary?maxHeight=225&maxWidth=300&tag=58f3d8df889c0444e7cd11686fec661d&enableImageEnhancers=true&quality=90