New to Emby WMC, need some help.

Sinful

Sinful

So, I'm a long time WMC user, but my movie library has gotten large enough that sifting through thousands of movies and TV seasons to find something to watch is a pain. I switched over to Emby WMC so I could stack some of those related titles, and it has helped immensely. I had everything set up and working just the way I wanted, but now I'm trying to throw my blu-rays into the mix and things are not working out so smoothly. Before Emby, I had my blu-rays ripped to ISO that were mounted via mikinho's mount image and virtual clonedrive. Playback was handled by powerDVD12 and more recently by PDVD 15.

Unfortunately PDVD has no way to close after a video stops playing, so now I'm looking for a better way of Blu-ray playback  from others who have more knowledge than I.

So, I've been experimenting with different formats, ISO, blu-ray folder, and MKV Pass-through. They all look, sound, and play perfectly in PDVD so I really don't care which format I use, just as long as it integrates smoothly with Emby WMC.

I managed to get the MKVs to play nicely with WMP but I'm having issues getting True-HD and DTS-Master to work, everything is coming out stereo. So far the codecs I've tried are CCCP and shark 007 (added an always on subtitle issue).

I really am a complete noob when it comes to codecs so I need an idiots guide to getting things up and running.

I should also probably mention that I'm a cablecard user, so moving to Emby Theater is not an option for me. Which brings me to my second problem, is there any way what so ever to get an entry point for liveTV within Emby WMC? I would like to use Emby completely as my frontend UI but I cant do that without a Live TV entry point.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Sinful

Deihmos

I am a cable card user and I still use WMC for live tv but I think it is a horrible choice for videos. I use Kodi instead and It isn't hard to use them both.

Codec packs mess things up. To get DTS-HD and everything working all you need to do is install the lav codecs, 

dansblackcat

If you use Shark codecs make sure you change the default audio setting.

56f0fa6a3e7fe_2016_03_22_15_47_18_shark_