Emby For Kodi add on request

Drewaac

Drewaac

Would it be possible to add for the next add on version for playlist or collection because i tried to see where i could access that, so for now I'm just using favorites for this kind of feature. 

mellomade

Emby playlists are on the trello board for inclusion at some point.

Collections can already be viewed in Kodi.  They are called 'Sets' and can be found when you go to Addons - Video Add-Ons - Emby and click on your Movies entry.  In this list you should see 'Sets' - this will show your collection and you can even create a custom home menu that points to a particular set for convenience.

mellomade

On the server - you have a library set up and you have manually added movies from that library into a collection?

Drewaac

Ooh okay i got confused it just has the videos i set up from the library on emby, i know you can make other collections that are like playlist on the Emby server side. 

Drewaac

however i do not see this sets for add ons to do a custom home menu, can you show a screen shot of how to do that? 

mellomade

You have to make the collection on the server side (using web interface for example) first before you can see that in Kodi.

mellomade

however i do not see this sets for add ons to do a custom home menu, can you show a screen shot of how to do that? 

Depends on what skin you are using in Kodi.  But generally if you use a skin capable of custom menus, you can go to Settings - Skin Settings - Customize User Interface and this function allows you to add/subtract menu items.

Drewaac

Hmm i see emby sync options playback and extra's for options under the emby add on.  and i just switched to confluence to see if that helps, i also use Nebula for the most part. 

Edited by Drewaac

Angelblue05

You are in the add-on settings. Instead of hitting configure, just launch the add-on. You should see your shortcuts.

Drewaac

Only thing I'm seeing is recently added home videos and favorite home videos of what the file is named after. 

mellomade

And to see Sets (if you have them set up on the server) you have to drill down to Movies.  Sets do not exist for TV Shows or Home Videos.

Angelblue05

Do you have an emby movie library? If so, you can try in the same place you only see home videos, try to do a "refresh emby playlists/nodes" option near the bottom of the list after you launch the emby add-on. You should have all your emby libraries showing up there. It makes no sense that you only have Home videos, unless that is the only emby library you have.

Edited by Angelblue05

Drewaac

It's the only library i have. and i have a home video should i put in the movies under metadata services?