Live TV not working

jds828

jds828

Hi All,

Odd issue with Android Mobile and live TV.

No matter if I select SD or HD I get an error saying it failed, please try later. I was thinking it was the 4G network but videos work very well with no problems which sort of rules out network speed. I also tried aMPdroid which worked fine with live TV. I then tried wifi on the phone and Emby played the live TV ok but as I don't use the phone at home for media, wifi isn't really an option.

Any ideas of settings I might have missed?

Thanks

More than likely it is trying to direct stream from your tuner but it cannot be accessed via the WAN.  If there is an option to turn off direct streaming Live TV, try that.

pünktchen

More than likely it is trying to direct stream from your tuner but it cannot be accessed via the WAN. If there is an option to turn off direct streaming Live TV, try that.

From @@Luke answer to my question here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30234-Not-having-any-luck-with-live-tv&do=findComment&comment=291530 this should not happen.

Yeah, I imagine the app is attempting to detect the WAN connection and not try to direct stream but, based on the symptoms, I was thinking maybe it was not detecting that properly.  So, if there were a way to force it to not direct stream we could diagnose that.

pünktchen

Yeah, I imagine the app is attempting to detect the WAN connection and not try to direct stream but, based on the symptoms, I was thinking maybe it was not detecting that properly. So, if there were a way to force it to not direct stream we could diagnose that.

@@jds828 try "Force transcoding" in the plugin settings!

jds828

I've set my WAN speed to 18 in Emby. Do you mean select another option other than direct in the plugin?

I have a similar problem with IOS beta. It may fix both.

EDIT:...Ok punktchen, I'll try that.

Edited by jds828