Scrolling stuff at top...how do I stop it?????

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by DGMayor,

moviefan

How do I disable the scrolling stuff at the top of my screen in MBC?  Please help.  I really don't like it.  No idea why this started all of the sudden.

Are you referring to the RSS feed on the homescreen of Throgsoft themes?

Yeah, he must be.  I think there is an option to turn this off but, honestly, Throgsoft themes are going to be gone from the catalog probably within the week.

• Solution
DGMayor

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\TSoft - the Tsoftfeeds.xml file - just remove any feeds from there and that should make it disappear.

I understand 100% your stance Ebr, it just kills me that these fantastic themes are going to disappear for new users because of a few minor tweaks that need to be made.  I really wish he'd return or at least hand them over to someone to update them. 

• Like 1

I understand 100% your stance Ebr, it just kills me that these fantastic themes are going to disappear for new users because of a few minor tweaks that need to be made.  I really wish he'd return or at least hand them over to someone to update them. 

Yeah we wish he would return to update them too.

Yeah, but it isn't just tweaks.  There is no one to support them even if they did have everything updated.

DGMayor

Yeah, but it isn't just tweaks.  There is no one to support them even if they did have everything updated.

I'm just going on what Luke had said the other day, that they were pretty minor updates needed.

I'm just going on what Luke had said the other day, that they were pretty minor updates needed.

Yeah to fix the problems that exist, it probably wouldn't take long  (according to people that actually know how to do MBC themes). The problem though exists that who supports them and answers questions about the themes if he is no longer around to answer them. The community is nice and could answer most questions, but if something else changed on the server side and required changes, is it going to take another 6 months to get someone to fix it? That is kind of the problem.

DGMayor

Yeah to fix the problems that exist, it probably wouldn't take long  (according to people that actually know how to do MBC themes). The problem though exists that who supports them and answers questions about the themes if he is no longer around to answer them. The community is nice and could answer most questions, but if something else changed on the server side and required changes, is it going to take another 6 months to get someone to fix it? That is kind of the problem.

Oh I understand.   I still hold out hope he'll return.   I've tried every single theme and I still can't break away from his..

moviefan

Sorry I bailed after starting this topic.  I went on a holiday vacation.  Will be back tomorrow sometime.

All of the sudden the top of my EHS screen in Harmony started showing this stuff scrolling across the top:  

52bf108525e9e_Capture.png

I remember this being added in as a "feature" a really long time ago but there was a way to disable it before.

I don't understand why all of the sudden this was added back in and where the option is to disable it.  Would really like some help.

Is Harmony a dead theme now?  Must I move away to something else?  I don't know what all are considered throgsoft themes.  I've purchased most of them just to support the authors of MB.

Will be sad if Harmony is totally dead....

Nothing was added back in.  Those Throg themes haven't changed in a year.

DG Mayor gives instructions for disabling this a few posts above.

• 1 month later...

Hate to revive an old thread...

I just reloaded MBC to my HTPC as I am still trying to get my HT up.  I no longer have any of the amazing Throgsoft themes.  If I read this thread correctly, they will no longer be available?  I paid for several sets while still using MB2.  What were some of the bugs with his themes which caused them to be discontinued?  Malestrom was my all time favorite.

Rob

Throg simply dropped out of the community and no longer updates or supports them.  Such is the plight of open-source software.