SMB and Direct Play stopped working

vmcosco
Go to solution Solved by vmcosco,

vmcosco

Everything has been working fine for two months. Just this week the following started:

Random pop-up error during a background sync telling me that a path to a file (always from a different one) can't be validated and it lists the network address (which is correct) and tells me to verify network credentials or fix path substitution. It gives me the option to "Stop sync - Yes or No". I have been clicking no and the window goes away. This happened with an episode of The Americans and should be captured in the log.

Direct play no longer works for episodes or movies. I am running Emby on Windows and Kodi on a Fire TV. The paths have not changed at all from when this was working. The file location in the log is correct, Kodi just won't play the file. I attempted to play Iron Man in the log

Link to log: http://xbmclogs.com/pm2nei6js

I am able to access the network paths from a laptop. I re-entered my network credentials in Kodi.

Thoughts?

Edited by vmcosco

• Solution
vmcosco

Feeling a bit silly...

I was able to determine this was a network issue and not an Emby add on issue.  Reset my router and switch and all is well.

Edited by vmcosco
  • Like 2