(Other) non-English language problem : pictures downloaded (Posters) from TMDB

jscoys
Go to solution Solved by jscoys,

jscoys

Hi,

I decided to make a library scan, but before doing anything I deleted all JPG, PNG and whatever (Excepting the movie itself and the nfo file...) in all my movie folders to be sure Emby Server will download latest posters, backdrops, fan pictures... etc.

What a surprise, as you can see on this picture...56ec0340d32ef_2016031809_26_25Thinfinity

...to see a lot of posters in English (Or weird language, see right bottom poster :unsure:). My regional settings are French for Language and France as country, but I'm pretty sure other languages has problem. It seems that French titles get the French poster automatically (Maybe because it's the default one?). If I go in movie settings and Edit poster, Emby propose me to choose the French poster if I check "All languages". It's like it knows that it's available, but doesn't put it in correlation of the regional settings for the default download...

I'm using Version 3.0.5902.0, and I have an other problem related to non-English languages not resolved here : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30824-french-language-not-used-even-if-selected-in-metadata/page-2

Please help!

Edited by jscoys

Happy2Play

Were those nfo files created by Emby or MCM? :)

I've had some issues with MCM language/country code in some metadata causing my media to refresh in Arabic or other non-English languages.

Here is an example from Lords of War fetched by MCM.

<Language>ar</Language>
	<LanguageCode>ar</LanguageCode>
	<Country>FR</Country>

And here fetched by Emby (no language or languagecode).

<Countries>
    <Country>France</Country>
    <Country>United States of America</Country>
    <Country>Germany</Country>
  </Countries>
Edited by Happy2Play

• Solution
jscoys

Ok guys! I solved my problem.

To be honest, I don't understand what happened. But... I saw in my Metadata NFO Files that I had : <Language>English</Language>. So what I can conclude is that Emby reuse the language it finds in NFO Files...

So to be clean, I decided to developp a little script that open all my NFO Files, get IMDBID, TMDBID and rottentomatoid and recreate it with only these information. After that I deleted Emby Server Cache directory and the Library.db, restarting the Emby Service, ask for a Library scan and after one day and a half, all is just perfect!

My titles are in French, my posters are in French, all the way I always ever wanted it to be!

Thanks a lot for your support!