Running Emby server as a service with read only permissions

rett448

rett448

So I decided it's time to intelligently organize my media, rather than just rely on shared windows folders for each media type.  After doing a week or so of research I think Emby is the best fit to run the backend. 

My current set up is a headless windows 2008 R2 server which hosts all of the file shares along with some VMs.  The server natively runs an administrator account and I remote desktop in whenever maintenance needs to be done.  User names and file permissions are set up so all the media shares are read-only across my network.  The only user with full access read/write access is the administrator account on the server. 

After looking at the installation options I would like to run Emby as a service.  However I don’t want it to have administrator privileges (not worried about auto-update).  I also don’t want to have to log-in to a separate username every time the server resets to restart the Emby.  Is it possible to create a new server user account with read only privileges to the shares, install Emby, and set it up to run as a service under the administrator account?