How to get AutoSubs to work with Emby library?

djon

I'd like to use the Kodi addon AutoSubs, which opens up the download subtitles window if a played file doesn't have subtitles.

However I would like certain things excluded, like kids movies, which I have in the Emby library and specific TV Shows.

Before I could just define a path exclusion in the addon, but Emby doesn't use paths, but UUIDs instead like so: 

DVDPlayer: Opening: http://192.168.1.101:8096/emby/Videos/8c0749541990581189fdcfa750c75110/stream?static=true

I assume this is what is passed on to the addon to search for exclusions, which it won't find. Anyone got a good solution for excluding these kinds of URLs?

hstamas

Doesn't Emby for Kodi also have the option to use direct paths instead of UUID's? That may fix your issue.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

Exactly hstamas, but it looks to me like djon is direct streaming his content instead of direct playing.

You'll need to make sure you are able to direct play before making the change to the playback mode. Using native playback will give maximum compatibility with other Kodi add-ons that requires direct path. Also note, changing to native mode means: no direct streaming/transcode and no cinema mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that my Emby client settings keep resetting itself. I get that it switches to HTTP everytime it can't connect via SMB (which is annoying and I would like to be able to turn it off. But I guess that I have some kind of sporadic network issues, perhaps when playing a file close to turning it on and the network isn't ready yet?), but it also regularly resets other settings, like prompting me to delete a movie when it's been seen.

I'm on Android (Nvidia Shield), and I turn off the power when it's not in use. Could that interfere with anything?

Angelblue05

You have to properly shut down Kodi, otherwise Kodi will rollbacks settings to avoid corrupting. It also can happens if Kodi crashes.

If the play from http enables on it's own, it's because the addon failed to direct play multiple times. It could be a path or network credentials issue. How are your emby library path formatted?

Edited by Angelblue05

Direct play works most of the time, so it's set up properly. But for some reason it fails once in a while and reverts back to http. Can this be turned off?

Angelblue05

How can it work most of the time? It should work all the time. Otherwise this means you probably have permission issues with some of your content.

If you disable play from http and it's able to direct play, it won't switch back.

The only reason why I'm insisting on this is simply because when you use native playback mode, if Kodi can't see the content, it will ask you to remove it from library. So you'll still be having difficulties. Best find what the problem is.

Edited by Angelblue05

I get what you're saying but credentials are correct and so is the servers IP and path substitution, but sometimes for the same file that worked last time it still won't accept smb and reverts back to http. Believe me, I'm annoyed by it, but have no idea why it happens, other than a loose suspicion of it being due to the network not being ready yet.

Angelblue05

Sure, I will adjust this for you. I've never seen anyone have that issue before :) Do you mind, just for the sake of properly doing things, posting your Kodi log capturing this behavior, where you can direct play, then you can't anymore? Maybe something else is up?

I've attached the build that disables the automatic switching to http if direct play fails 3 times in a row. You can just install over your current version, restart Kodi. Again, if you can provide that log before installing the new build, it would be most useful. Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Getting a new kind of error now when trying to play my Movies from the Emby smart playlists:

21:39:44 T:1390192944 WARNING: static XFILE::IFile* XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader(const CURL&) - unsupported protocol(d:/movies/memento (2000)/plugin) in d:/movies/memento (2000)/plugin://plugin.video.emby.movies/?dbid=83&mode=play&id=a1bd9baaa01f73bf655d9939cc69fbc0&filename=Askepot.mkv
21:40:00 T:1643006256   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1
21:40:03 T:1390192944   ERROR: Control 61 in window 10147 has been asked to focus, but it can't
21:40:03 T:1643006256 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
21:41:29 T:1472182576 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:41:29 T:1472182576   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting

Is this somehow due to me switching to native mode? My TV Shows still works when selected and played from the Emby TV Shows smart playlist.
The flename looks very weird for my movies though: d:/movies/memento (2000)/plugin) in d:/movies/memento (2000)/plugin://plugin.video.emby.movies/?dbid=83&mode=play&id=a1bd9baaa01f73bf655d9939cc69fbc0&filename=Askepot.mkv.
It's like they've been mixed up or something. The Memento file isn't called Askepot.mkv.

Angelblue05

You need to reset your local database (playback mode change is the only time you'll need to reset)

Edited by Angelblue05

Ok, now it can't sync and says it can't find D:\Movies\MovieName and mentions that I need to set up path substitution. Path substitution is set up, so why dosn't it use it and think it needs to look in D: ?

Angelblue05

Hum do you mind checking your paths in the metadata manager? Does it reflect your path substitution?

UNder a movie it says:

D:\Movies\Memento (2000)\Memento.ts

Should that have been path substituted here?

I can see my TV Shows are like \\192.168.1.101, so I guess my movies got messed up somehow. Delete library and re-scan?

Edited by djon

I removed my path substitution for D:\movies and added it again and that did the trick. Must be a bug somehow. Thanks for sparring .-)

• Like 1