Odd thetvdb fetcher issue

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

@@Luke @@softworkz (I'm tagging softworkz in case this has to do with a partial implementation of his auto-organize code changes, but it could be a fetcher problem or a tvdb problem)

I'll try to repost again with the logs, but they've cycled off when this happened the other day. Pokemon seasons run a little different in the us and japan. This season, the episodes download as S19Exx but thetvdb classifies that as S17Exx. In past seasons, they wouldn't auto-organize because if the fetcher couldn't find any such thing on thetvdb it would stall. This was good, as I could then just either correct the file, or use the manual organize to override the season number and it would fetch the season 16 data. With this season though, the files are creating a season 19 folder and moving in. What's odd though is that this past week, Robot Chicken S08E10 came out but wasn't on the tvdb and it wouldn't auto-organize because they hadn't added anything past episode 9 yet. So I'm not sure where this inconsistency is coming from. There is no season 19 visible on tvdb. Is their API returning different data than the website is showing?

Edit: oh, I was able to go back to the oldest log and found this. No mention of the fetcher

2016-03-12 17:06:52.7022 Info App: Sorting file \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Pokemon - S19E04 - A Fiery Rite of Passage!.mp4
2016-03-12 17:06:52.7178 Debug App: Extracted information from \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Pokemon - S19E04 - A Fiery Rite of Passage!.mp4. Series name Pokemon, Season 19, Episode 4
2016-03-12 17:06:52.7178 Info App: Sorting file \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Pokemon - S19E04 - A Fiery Rite of Passage!.mp4 into series \\WHSHAWK\Kids Protected Shows\Pokemon
2016-03-12 17:06:52.7178 Info App: Sorting file \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Pokemon - S19E04 - A Fiery Rite of Passage!.mp4 to new path \\WHSHAWK\Kids Protected Shows\Pokemon\Season 19\Pok�mon - S19E04 - Challenge of the Samurai.mp4

@@Luke @@softworkz (I'm tagging softworkz in case this has to do with a partial implementation of his auto-organize code changes, but it could be a fetcher problem or a tvdb problem)

...This season, the episodes download as S19Exx but thetvdb classifies that as S17Exx. In past seasons, they wouldn't auto-organize because if the fetcher couldn't find any such thing on thetvdb it would stall.

Emby's metadata implementation would never change season or episode number, so if you say "classify a S19 episode as an S17 episode" you mean that the data from thetvdb does not match with your local episode specifications.

When you say that it failed previously, it's possible that TheTVDb didn't have data for S19 previously but does have it now!

Another cause may be the introduction of new episode providers in Emby. Please check which episode providers you have activated.

fraenhawk

I think I didn't explain myself well.

Here is the line from the auto-organize screen. So the file that was in my organize folder was s19e04, and it created a season 19 folder and moved it as s19e04.

3/12/2016
Pokemon - S19E04 - A Fiery Rite of Passage!.mp4
\\WHSHAWK\Kids Protected Shows\Pokemon\Season 19\Pokémon - S19E04 - Challenge of the Samurai.mp4

If you go look at thetvdb, the last season of that show is season 17. The TVDB is my only configured metadata downloader for episodes, however themoviedb is the only one listed for seasons (is that normal?). You'll note that auto-organize changed the name. That name matches the name of pokemon 1x4 on thetvdb.

Here's my theory. Is it possible that the fetcher or the API has an issue with 2 digit season numbers? It matched s19e04 with s1e4. Maybe it just matched on the first digit of 19 instead of doing an exact match? That would explain why other shows (like my Robot Chicken example) stay red in the auto-organize log, because it's still on season 8.

If you go look at thetvdb, the last season of that show is season 17. The TVDB is my only configured metadata downloader for episodes, however themoviedb is the only one listed for seasons (is that normal?). You'll note that auto-organize changed the name. That name matches the name of pokemon 1x4 on thetvdb.

Here's my theory. Is it possible that the fetcher or the API has an issue with 2 digit season numbers? It matched s19e04 with s1e4. Maybe it just matched on the first digit of 19 instead of doing an exact match? That would explain why other shows (like my Robot Chicken example) stay red in the auto-organize log, because it's still on season 8.

Regarding seasons provider: This is normal. TheMovieDB is the only provider with season information.

For the other problem: I'll try to reproduce this, hold on...

fraenhawk

FYI, it did it again with this week's episode. Downloaded as s19e05 but matched its title from s01e05 and organized into season 19 (even though TVDB still stops at 17).