Can not connect remotely

KarterJK
Go to solution Solved by KarterJK,

KarterJK

Version 3.0.5903.0

I am simply not able to connect remotely..

I have made sure to forward my ports, allowed the ports through the firewall, and no matter what I do, what I use, i simply can not connect remotely.  I have tried different browsers, different apps, emby connect and nothing seems to work.

i tried the remote link from the server page and same thing failed connection

when I used to use the mediabrowser web app it would connect

not sure how to resolve this

server-63593678203.txt

Edited by KarterJK

KarterJK

Hi, please try going through the steps in our Connectivity Troubleshooter. Let us know at what point you get stuck. Thanks.

Yes Luke

I went through all of that.... I am not a newby to Emby

I used to be able to connect

I have another machine that has an xampp server with php, mysql etc.  and so port forwarding is something I am familiar with

but with the addition of all the IPv6 stuff I can't get it to connect

I have 10 computers, Fire Tablets, windows 10 tablets, iPhones etc and all connect just fine as long as it is is all local

but I get outside my lan and nothing

I ping my external ip it is found

I do network troubleshooting it finds the ip just fine, but it says it is not responding

from the server I can connect locally and when using ipv6 link

if I turn ipv6 off and use ipv4 with ip address nothing

I just can't figure out what I am missing

the machine I am using for Emby is a dedicated machine it runs nothing else except Teamviewer which I don't think should conflict.

So am at a loss, on this one.

using Emby Connect it finds my server but fails to connect. ???

Edited by KarterJK

Something is blocking it. I would double check the port forwarding rules. Also, makes sure the external address that its' trying to use is correct (covered in above wiki).

KarterJK

Something is blocking it. I would double check the port forwarding rules. Also, makes sure the external address that its' trying to use is correct (covered in above wiki).

Yes apparently something is blocking it.  

I can't believe I can connect to my machines with any other app without problems, accept for EMBY

Sorry, I will stop asking, I guess I am just to damned stupid to figure it out or understand the instructions.  but thanks anyway

• Solution
KarterJK

Problem solved ....

It was the stupid Comcast router that they supplied (recently switched), had to have them put it into bridge mode so I could access my router (their's was acting as a router and I couldn't get through)

Sorry for all the inquiries.

• Like 1