Cinema mode

ozchef
Go to solution Solved by jordy,

ozchef

When I play movies its only showing a couple of my trailers I have trailers for most of my 1000 odd movies. Is there a way of adjusting this or to make it use 1 at random instead of the same trailer for the same movie time and again?

• Solution
jordy

There is a tab for "Cinema Mode" under "Playback" on the server settings page. you can specify the number of trailers to play and also where they are sourced from

• Like 1

ozchef

Thats how i have it set up and still get the same 10 odd movies as trailers.

I have it set to 1 trailer before movies

Thats how i have it set up and still get the same 10 odd movies as trailers.

I have it set to 1 trailer before movies

It tries to pick a trailer that is relevant to the movie being watched.  So, if you are watching the same movie - or similar ones from the perspective of genres - then you will see some of the same trailers.

Koleckai Silvestri

Is there a way for it to pick at random?

Its picking of similar is quite awful.

A lot of the functionality was lost when they abandoned the plugin. Make sure everything is checked except for "Only Use trailers from unwatched content"

I sure do miss that plugin

What is missing from the built-in cinema mode? Perhaps file a feature request containing something that is important to you? Thanks!

gcastro000

When I rip a movie, I usually get a few trailers from other movies.

Is there a way to see those trailers automatically when I start watching the movie?.

I think the minimum use cases would be:

1. There should be an option to watch the trailers in the directory of the movie

2. Another option to watch the trailer of the movie automatically

3. An option in the client to skip the trailers

Vidman

2. Why? If you want to see the trailer for the movie you are watching you should be able to select it on the items details screen before choosing to play it

3. Most clients now have the option to disable cinema mode for just that client

Edited by Vidman

• 2 weeks later...
Vidman

OK I'm trying out cinema mode again and only want local trailers (which I have for some movies ... (Before the plugin stopped allowing them to be downloaded) but when set like this I have no trailers, however if I enable any of the streaming options it works (kind of... Constant buffering due to sh!t internet) . I have tried this on the android app, web client , the new theatre and kodi addon all behave the same, server version freenas 3.0.5911.0

f7f8a53950128f83b724ea7d8a0971d8.jpg

Edited by Vidman