Cannot play extras

Emaster

• 3 weeks later...
DoubleDD

Every time I try to play any extra features I get the endless spinning circle.

The same extra features play fine in the previous version of Emby Theater and Emby for WMC on the same computer and different computers on my network.

DoubleDD

So far every extra I've tried results in the endless spinning circle.

I'll try and see if I can find one that works.

The Emby Theater version from a week or two ago had a similar issue with chapters and I noticed that a recent Emby Theater update fixed the chapter issue.  I was hoping the extras issue was the same or similar, but the extras still produce the spinning circle.

Thanks

DoubleDD

Did a bit more playing around with the extras and came across some strange behaviour.

I did get some extras to play, but only the last one in every group of extras.

So, for example, if I had 10 extras for Movie A the first 9 extras would not play (endless spinning circle), but the 10th extra plays without issue.

If I had 7 extras for Movie B the first 6 extras would not play (endless spinning circle), but the 7th extra plays without issue.

And so on...

very strange...

DoubleDD

I did a bit more testing and found that all extras (in 'Specials' folder) for Television Series play just fine.

So the problem seems to be isolated to extras that are associated with Movies.

Just curious...is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Just wondering since I'm the only one adding to this thread.

Thanks...

Snowfalcon

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem with the extras in movies.  I have not tried the last file of the extras.  Guess I'll have to do some further investigating.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been resolved for the next Emby Server release. It should be on the beta server by sometime tomorrow. thanks.