Database corrupted?

khodges747

khodges747

Hi guys,

I'm running 2 MB servers, both of which access the same library. Server 1 works fine, especially with MB for WMC which is my usual app, but also with the web interface and MB Theater (the new version is nice BTW). It runs MB Server version 5897 on Win 7 64 bit. The library is physically on this machine.

Server 2 has started acting up lately, after the update to 5882. It runs on Win 7 64 bit, just like the other machine, accessing the library on the other PC using UNC paths. It has always worked very well, until recently.  In MB for WMC much of the artwork is missing, new TV episodes do not get metadata unless I force a refresh, etc. It plays video files just fine though. In MB Theater, almost no artwork is available. The web interface is similar; libraries won't populate, it hangs on certain actions, etc. I've tried cleaning the library several times and rescanning the library multiple times. I tried uninstalling MB Server and the cache files (but not the config files) and that seemed to make it worse.

Server 1 and server 2 are set up identically, except for the version. So, my thinking is the server 2 database is corrupt.

What's the best way to fix it?

1. Completely uninstall MB Server and all associated data, then reinstall?

2. Remove all library folders and then replace them?

3. Install the later, beta version of MB Server (5897) on server 2?

4. Copy all the data from server 1 to server 2? (Remember, they both access the same library.)

Here's a log file from Server 2.

Thanks for your advice.

Keith

server-63593596800.txt

I would start by synchronizing their versions.  Then, be sure you don't have both of them trying to write to the same places simultaneously.  That is, if your main one is set to store metadata with the media, turn that off in the other one.  It will still see the metadata that is created by the first server and not have to go re-fetch or re-create it most of the time.

Make sure you haven't pointed both cache folders to the same place, etc.

• Like 1

khodges747

OK, I updated both to version 5903.

Stopped metadata collection on the hinky server.

The cache folders (and all other Emby folders) are on separate machines, so no crosstalk.

I'll let you know if this helps.

khodges747

@@ebr

Thanks for your help.

The problem has gone away.

I think the problem came when I allowed the 2 server versions to get out of sync. It probably had little or nothing to do with the metadata because I never ran both servers at the same time.

In any case, thanks again.

• Like 1

khodges747

There's still one problem...

I can't access the library from the web interface on server 2. On server 1 it works fine (see screenshots).

On Server 2 it locks up Chrome and none of the buttons or tabs work any longer. I have to quit Chrome, then open the interface again. All the other functions (server config, metadata manager, etc.) work fine. It's the library access that crashes it. It also doesn't work in Firefox or IE.

Any ideas?

post-1660-0-02912300-1458138767_thumb.png

post-1660-0-18544100-1458138768_thumb.png

Please provide a new server log of that activity. Thanks.

Fyi - in your second screenshot, those images are sourced from internet urls, so you need an active internet connection in order for them to show up.

khodges747

Luke,

Sorry, but we can drop this subject. I uninstalled the server from the second PC. I'll access the library over the network.

When I installed that 2nd PC I thought it made sense and would be more rapid to have MB Server installed on it, rather than access the library on another PC. That worked fine for several months, but I didn't think about the consequences of having two instances of the server accessing the same library. It turns out the management of the 2 servers was tricky. I'm better off accessing the library ver the network.

Sorry to bother you. Please consider this problem solved.

Edited by khodges747