IPTV multiple clients restream

gouz

Hi there. Would like your advice please.

I have added an iptv channel on emby (which is installed on my remote shared server) and I am trying to make that channel available-restreamed to more than one clients to watch. I tried logging in with my account at the same time from 3 different pcs and watch that but most of times streaming didn't work (edge explorer was the best so far for this job (had less crashes comparing to chrome which most times refused to stream every time other stream instance was already active. I also just tried browsers and not any app like kodi or vlc).

So, if restream is possible, what is the proper way to do such thing? Should I avoid logging from many devices with the same account? Should I create and login from seperate accounts? Should I prefer a specific type of stream-source (I used http/file.. )?

Also, I noticed that each time I tried to watch the stream, a new connection between my shared server and the iptv source initiated. So can I make emby on my shared server hold just one connection back to the iptv server and then just restream to multiple clients? If not, then why doesn't emby just redirects the iptv stream (clients-iptv_source instead of clients-emby-iptv_source).

What I need to achieve is giving out what I see, to 4 distant houses. How should I do that you believe? CPU/Ram/Bandwidth wise, even shared, server was not utilized heavily.

Thx in advance for your time

I also tried adding an m3u online link to my Live TV (which for what am I trying to do here, I can not tell the difference between that and the IPTV plugin) and again it kinda work. However vid always got stopped after a few seconds of stream.

Nuk3na

Hey dude, basically the streams your probably getting are limited to one stream at a time. So say you open one stream but twice via two different users it then classes as theres 2 streams open and the provider of the streams software at the other end closes both down. You need to contact the providers of some streams (not all) and either pay for multiple devices even though they come from the same mac address or ip. By the way dont expect it to be cheap either. All the above is from my own experience with m3u's and iptv providers.

They will then send you a custom m3u file which is allocated there end for X ammount of devices.

Edited by Nuk3na