old timer returning from mb3

Toro

Ok so alot has changed it seemed. I don't have the time for this that I use to have.

Couple quick questions that I couldn't figure out.

1. Everything in all subfolders is shown. Boxsets and series alike. for instance, all the HP movies are in a collection folder, then all the movies are in their own folder but I'm getting everything shown on the movie tab. What am I missing ?

M:\Movies\Harry Potter Collection [boxset]\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)

2. I had bought several contributor keys, plug ins , etc.. I tried the forgot key under help and nothing happenned .

Is eveything pre emby null and void ?

Deathsquirrel

For 1, this is no longer the recommended way to connect to libraries or create boxsets.  For the library pathing you should use UNC paths rather than mapped drives.  For the boxset creation you can keep your movies all together and make the collections through the UI or with the autoboxset plugin.  So instead of M:\Movies\Harry Potter Collection [boxset]\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) you would have your library pointed to \\server\share\Movies.  In that folder you would have the folders for each of the HP movies, and any other movies you like.  You can then manually create a collection to group the HP movies together or the plugin will do it for you automatically.  There's much less need to manage files on disk.

As for everything being grouped together, explore the options available when you click on your user icon in the web client.

Wow, Emby is a whole new ball of wax as they say..

I'll checkout the autoboxset plug in..  Should I still have folders that say mediabrowser? Seems the wmc classic is still there. 

Why doesn't wmc classic appear as a plug in the emby server config page ?

ebr ~ my other question from above regarding old keys,, is everything pre emby null and void ?

Emby for WMC is not a server plug-in.  It is a separate client app.  You can install it from the web site.

ebr ~ my other question from above regarding old keys,, is everything pre emby null and void ?

It depends on how "pre".  Is my old "Supporter Key" still valid?

KarterJK

Wow, Emby is a whole new ball of wax as they say..

I'll checkout the autoboxset plug in..  Should I still have folders that say mediabrowser? Seems the wmc classic is still there. 

if you are referring to the SeverWMC then;

You really don't need WMC any longer as Emby now has it's own LiveTV built in

But if you want to install the plugin, it will disable the Emby LiveTV and run as it used to