App dead or not?

icthusman1

icthusman1

FYI, the Emby UWP app is out, but it's a different app ID from the old Emby Windows Phone app, so you need to find it in the store.

​Looks to work pretty well.  I'd say the first big missing feature for phone is selecting a different bitrate for wifi vs mobile data, but I'm sure that'll come with time.

I saw the other day this was out. Immediately removed the dead version from my phone (I don't care what the Emby team says, it was dead) and installed. For a first release it seems pretty great. Also installed it on my Surface Pro 3. Went and checked on my Xbox One but it's not available there yet. That's the part I am most excited for honestly.

The one problem with the app on my phone (Lumia 950 XL) is the on-screen navigation bar. The app does not register that being there and I have to swipe it off the screen to see the full videos playing. Hopefully @@7illusions will get this fixed.

57aca7fa2720c_wp_ss_20160811_0001.jpg

icthusman1

It's fixed in next release. :)

I believe I said this already in the other post, but you ROCK! It's nice to be back to having an active dev who responds to things.

Do people who have paid for other version (WP8.1/10.0) that never ever worked 100% properly have to pay for this version :blink: ?

Does this version (small logo in the WP10AE store) replace the older one?

I Just downloaded the newer emby trial version (for WP10 A.E). volume rocker on the remote was still "out of order".

Used on WP10 L650 

Edited by psmc

icthusman1

Do people who have paid for other version (WP8.1/10.0) that never ever worked 100% properly have to pay for this version :blink: ?

I Just downloaded the newer emby trial version (for WP10 A.E). volume rocker on the remote was still "out of order".

Used on WP10 L650 

Yes. They are separate apps. If you bought the Windows 8 (not phone) version then you own this one on desktop/phone/xbox one. If you only bought the abandoned WP8 version then you need to buy this one. I highly recommend buying this one though. It's much better and @@7illusions is actually responsive and fixes issues.

7illusions

Do people who have paid for other version (WP8.1/10.0) that never ever worked 100% properly have to pay for this version :blink: ?

Used on WP10 L650

Are you suggesting using the hardware volume-buttons to change volume on a remote controlled device?

Are you suggesting using the hardware volume-buttons to change volume on a remote controlled device?

No, (i never thought that was possible) the on-screen volume control,on the bottom of the screen in the remote control section of the latest WP10 app.

Yes. They are separate apps. If you bought the Windows 8 (not phone) version then you own this one on desktop/phone/xbox one. If you only bought the abandoned WP8 version then you need to buy this one. I highly recommend buying this one though. It's much better and @@7illusions is actually responsive and fixes issues.

AS we are in the windows phone section i was only speaking about that WP8/10 one not a W8.1 / W10 touch tablet version from the store (apologies if i gave any other impression)

There are 2 versions in the WP10AE store. (latest W10ph major update i got was in last 48hrs, not on insider rings at all).

1 A large emby logo original i would have paid for last yr/2 and now a 2nd smaller one the one pictured above and priced €4.99)

Anyway i think i might have my answer after testing,btw i have no intention of repurchasing yet another app once i've paid and it fails to work 100%,and was to be dropped at a future date when the devs got bored/overworked/sick etc. (esp when the same issue (volume+- not working persists in both versions). ;)

No, (i never thought that was possible) the on-screen volume control,on the bottom of the screen in the remote control section of the latest WP10 app.

AS we are in the windows phone section i was only speaking about that WP8/10 one not a W8.1 / W10 touch tablet version from the store (apologies if i gave any other impression)

There are 2 versions in the WP10AE store. (latest W10ph major update i got was in last 48hrs, not on insider rings at all).

1 A large emby logo original i would have paid for last yr/2 and now a 2nd smaller one the one pictured above and priced €4.99)

Anyway i think i might have my answer after testing,btw i have no intention of repurchasing yet another app once i've paid and it fails to work 100%,and was to be dropped at a future date when the devs got bored/overworked/sick etc. (esp when the same issue (volume+- not working persists in both versions). ;)

Well think of it this way. With that mindset you are penalizing 7Illusions for Scott's decision not to continue his Windows Phone App. 7 is just trying to build the best app that he can.

If you would feel safer with an app from the core Emby team, then you will have that option too, as we will have our own app. We are just running a little behind, but it is coming.

Well think of it this way. With that mindset you are penalizing 7Illusions for Scott's decision not to continue his Windows Phone App. 7 is just trying to build the best app that he can.

If you would feel safer with an app from the core Emby team, then you will have that option too, as we will have our own app. We are just running a little behind, but it is coming.

Right, well, rolls sleeves,eyes & socks, think of it this way, with that mindset you are penalizing those previous customers for giving you the benefit of the doubt in the first place and helping you get this far, trusting you in the first place to deliver a working app that you guys failed on and while presenting it as a working app.

Secondly It might come as a surprise but i'm not shitting money here however mediocre the amount in your eyes. Sorry to be so blunt but it's that simple. Especially for one that partially worked.  

Thirdly, I am not penalizing anyone (esp @7Illusions if i had no intention of re-buying. If you had of read what i said so far though then you'd have noted i have a non working app for quite a while ...i paid for a working app. Not a work in progress or a buy this one now, buy another next time we need an update.

Now, while i'm sure you're saying but that developer is by X and this ones by Y ...on the door of the store it says EMBY. Not Scotts apps,Lukes lovely program or 7Illusions very nice updated app, I'm paying for one brand,after all what was the point of a re-brand to Emby if not a brand. 

So, to me, and perhaps others, the best thing you could have done was get the new dev fix/finish or replace the existing Emby app the old dev dropped with a working 100% app people paid for and apologize for the delay. But that's just me and my name's not Emby.  

You know what they say..

If you build it badly, they will come back. :P 

Edited by psmc

icthusman1

What you are confused on here, is the fact that @@7illusions turned his app into a UWP app that works across devices. So the newvapp works on mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop, and Xbox One. I think he even released it for Hololens as well. You only need to buy it once and it works. I had bought his Windows 8 version and he kindly didn't make me pay again for this new version (Thanks 7!). However, i had also bought the Windows phone version and was just as pissed at Scott for abandoning his app as you.

It's not fair for you to blame 7 for any of this. He has done right by his users, not to mention helping out those, who like me, had purchased both apps.

• Like 1

...on the door of the store it says EMBY. Not Scotts apps,Lukes lovely program or 7Illusions very nice updated app, 

Yes, that is a problem and it is being rectified so that it is more clear what is something coming from (and supported) by Emby and what is actually a 3rd-party app that works with Emby.

swhitmore

So, to me, and perhaps others, the best thing you could have done was get the new dev fix/finish or replace the existing Emby app the old dev dropped with a working 100% app people paid for and apologize for the delay. But that's just me and my name's not Emby.  

Honest question, I know the situation sucks, but are you really expecting someone to invest their time and money fixing someone else's abandoned app? The best thing you could do is try and contact the previous developer and ask for a refund.