Bitrate Spike

MndWrp
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

MndWrp

Hello.

I'm trying to play correctly a file that is 480p but has a big spike in bitrate right at the beginning... (you know, that channel intro that is mainly tv noise for a few seconds... ...cough-hbo-cough...)
I noticed the bitrate goes up so something like 20,000 kb/s right at that moment and it makes the app stutter for a few seconds and playback resumes correctly when that bit is done.

Is the app not able to handle it ? Are my setting off somehow ? My bandwidth should be more than able to handle it...

The file is h264 encoded by myself and i already tried a lower bitrate setting but but it still stutters..

so what could be the issue or if you could point out a few possible tests i can do to fix this ?

it's not that big an issue but I like my playback to be as butter smooth as possible.

thanks guys !

I've never seen that happen - even on that specific intro.

You didn't say what device you were on but the Fire only claims to handle up to 20mb/s.

MndWrp

i'm on a nexus player, stable version...

i read there is some issues with that app lately .. pgs and all that... but these particular files are only h264+aac-stereo and extrenal srt .. nothing unusual..

MndWrp

Just a quick note to say thanks for the help... with the beta all works flawlessly now. Great little app!

• Like 1