Rotating movie poster html page built into emby

pir8radio

pir8radio

Hi, this probably isn't something everyone would use, but I think it would be an easy addition to emby.

An html page that doesn't require you to be logged in.  All that this page does is shows a full screen movie poster (primary image), waits 5, 10 mins, then shows another randomly from your collection. 

The reason for this is i want to hang 2 or 4 old 24" wide screen lcd monitors vertically on my home theater room wall.. and let each one randomly show my movie collection..  Much like the light box movie posters at a commercial move theater...    

Might not be something many people are interested in... But would be cool for the home theater peeps..   :D

pir8radio

I'm not currently using Kodi, (emby does everything I need)  but I don't see why i couldn't just for the movie poster!  I'll also see if it has a direct plugin for emby.  Thanks guys!

Edited by pir8radio

I think such a solution still needs to log in.  Otherwise who's library do you show and restricted to what content?  You might not want all your movie posters up on the wall...

• Like 1

pir8radio

Well started messing around with the movieposter app, but it doesnt take into account what you have in your collection..  I want to rotate my movie collection posters..  All movieposter app does is displays what is currently playing, "Coming Soon" movies, and what you put in by hand...  I don't really want to add a movie poster manually every time i add movies to my collection...   But thanks for the suggestions, i'm a little closer... it gives me something to start with!

Edited by pir8radio