Missing runtime (duration?)

TomTiddler

TomTiddler

Hi there, I'm using Emby Server 3.0.5902.0 for Windows. Recently started using Slysoft's CloneBD to backup my BluRays , and noticed that when I rip to an .mkv, the .nfo file generated by Emby doesn't always contain a <runtime> field. I assumed I would be able to simply add the appropriate <runtime> entry to the .nfo file and force a rescan of the library, but this appears to do precisely nothing! I then went looking at the Emby Metadata manager, and noticed that even for movies that have ​a <runtime> field, it's not shown anywhere in the Metadata Manager.

So, the simple question is "How do I add a runtime value to an existing movie entry". Any and all help appreciated.

Try refreshing it from the detail screen. We don't expose runtime for editing because we just extract it from media info

TomTiddler

Did that, no change. Then I looked a bit more carefully

1) opened the .nfo file

2) added a <runtime>XXX</runtime> entry

3) checked the movie in the web client, no runtime showing

4) checked the .nfo file again, <runtime> entry still there

5) selected refresh on the detail page for that movie, noticed timestamp changed on .nfo file

6) checked .nfo file and ......

the entire <runtime> entry had been removed.

<lockdata> for this file is set to false

We scan the files with ffprobe. If I had to guess, it's probably failing for that file. The server log will tell us for sure

TomTiddler

Where is that stored? My setup is a little complicated, I'm editing the .nfo file on machine A, files are stored on Machine B, refresh is being triggered by Machine C which is also where the Emby Server is running. A and B are running Windows 10, B is running Windows Home Server 2011.

If it helps, this happens on some, but not all of my .mkv files, each of which is stored in its own folder as in ...

Folder <Movie Name>

Moviename.mkv

Moviename.nfo

TomTiddler

OK. Latest logfile attached. The movie I'm working with is Arbitrage, the first log entry mentioning it reads

"Info App: Stopping chapter extraction for Arbitrage because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime." I'm guessing this results from "something" happening in CloneBD, but maybe not.

Did you refresh it during this time period? I don't see any log lines mentioning ffprobe. Are you sure this is an mkv and not a folder rip?

TomTiddler

As sure as I can be. By way of explanation, I have a root folder called BluRays, below which are a number of folders, the three important ones being Movies,  CloneBD, and Dump_later. Movies contains folder rips of BluRays, CloneBD contains .mkv conversions of those rips. Dump_later is where I move the folder rips after conversion, and is not visible to Emby (no permissions plus not mentioned in any libraries)

Sorry if this all sounds bizarre. The "missing" runtimes have only ever happened with .mkv's, and don't happen with every movie converted.

In the Emby Server library I have separate media folders for Blurays (ponting to Movies) and CloneBD (pointing to CloneBD). Using the web client on the Emby server machine I go to Folders, then CloneBD (which only shows movies that are in the CloneBD folder, so I'm confident it's getting the right version), then select Arbitrage, the from the detail page select Refresh. The time shown in the log for the chapter extraction error matches precisely when I pressed Refresh.

Wheeew!

I was also surpriased to not see any reference to ffprobe after your earlier reply.

Ideas? Suggested next test?

TomTiddler

Of course, a simpler way to know I was on the right version is to select Edit from the detail page, which shows .mkv as the path file. Sigh.

TomTiddler

Hmmm - interesting. First off, I never ​use the web client to play movies, so ....

1) Web client plays just fine. "Scenes" shows all the chapters, with correct times (although I haven't tested what happens at the end, just the first chapter correctly and seamlessly trrasitioning to the next chapter.

2) In the Windows app, plays correctly, but progress bat is not usable and shows 0.00 as the duration

Now I'm stumped