Playback Problems

MB Rich

MB Rich

Ok, so Theater was working okay for me, except whenever i loaded it up and tried to play the first file, I'd get a d3dx9_43.dll file error.  Other than that though, it all worked fine.

Tried to fix the dll error by installing the directx runtime and sure enough, the error has gone.  However, now I've got a big problem.

Playback is basically unwatchable as when switching to 24p, it plays back at just a couple of FPS.  If I use MPC-HC (through WMC-Emby) the playback is flawless, but in Theater I get this terrible slideshow frame-rate.

Any ideas?

Logos302

would need a log from et.  Could be that ET don't have direct access to file, or don't have the right codec installed so server is transcoding.

MB Rich

I'll try and dig out the log file but I'm 99% confident it's not transcoding as when it does that, the playback is fine, just a little blocky.  It's also only happening when it switches to 24p.  At 50p and 60p it plays back fine.

EDIT: And if it helps any, I'm running both server and client on the same PC and it's a Broadwell based Intel NUC.

Edited by MB Rich

MB Rich

Just as a follow-up to this, I've disabled the refresh rate changer in Theater and everything plays fine now.  Wonder if it's an issue with my graphics drivers?

JohnnyM

I am glad you brought this up. I never tied my fix for the d3xd9 error to the problem I am have with playback issues. Theatre was playing fine until about the same time.

EVR+ is jittery and MADVR is just not clear. I wonder if the dll problem was one of the causes.

PS all of my libraries are DVDs ripped to MKV.

JohnnyM

I tied your technique and disabled the refresh rate changer. On my desktop PC the picture and sound are fine. But the same setting on my home theater setup. The picture jitters terribly and the sound goes out of sync.

Thanks for your efforts. I am glad you have solved your problem.