Cannot add user friendly name to Emby Server, instead wants Linux filepath

stevedawg85

stevedawg85

Sorry if topic is not clear, let me describe it better:

I have Openmediavault with shares under the below path.  I can access this fine from Windows and granted emby access to the media folder

\\jarvis\media\Movies

However, when setting up Emby (first time), my shares are showing up but using the Linux folder structure.. ex:

/media/f507ab76-1caf-4012-ab90-44dba98c7611

/media/EE17-8A82

ex.

All of the above are the various hard drives that I shared.  So I COULD choose:

/media/f507ab76-1caf-4012-ab90-44dba98c7611/Media/Movies

I am worried this would cause a problem when setting them up on my xbmc devices, I would prefer it to use the more recognizable name of \\jarvis\media\movies

Is it normal to use the f507..... and not worry about using my //jarvis structure

thefirstofthe300

Is Emby installed on the OMV box or the Windows box?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is fine. i'm having a hard time picturing the issue. When you say this

However, when setting up Emby (first time), my shares are showing up but using the Linux folder structure.. ex:

Where is Emby showing that?

Angelblue05

When adding a folder to your library, do you have the option to select the path via Network?

Edited by Angelblue05

stevedawg85

Hope yall don't mind the screenshot below.  The first screenie is what I mean by I can only see Linux structure.  It's my hard drive, but named in a long hexadecimal format.  The second screenie, is my attempt to manually type in the network path, and the error in the bottom left (same comes up if I type in IP #).  Final screenie are setting from my OpenMediaVault server in what I believe is granting permission to Emby.

56e85e57ba856_availablefolders.jpg56e85eac54206_jarviserror.png56e85e6eb2325_OMVEmbyPermissions.jpg

Happy2Play

Well looking at the last screenshot user emby only has full access to Root folder (Media) and not your subfolders (Movies, TV Shows).

stevedawg85

Actually, I just check and it already is applied to subfolders.  The screenshot were if I wanted to make additional changes, but I've already granted emby read/write to Media and subfolders.  I even re-applied it and restarted the server - still no luck.

stevedawg85

I know this is an obscure topic and hard to explain - but I hope the screenshot and my comments helped explain my situation.

One last attempt to ask for help, any other ideas?

As a test, can you try changing the display name in that dialog from Movies to Movies1? thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

Let me got this straight: your media is located on the OMV box on drives mounted under /media, you have Emby on the OMV box, and want to add the media to Emby. You are able to access the media from your Windows machines on the network (I assume they will be clients). May I ask why you don't simply add the media using /media/path/to/media and then setup path substitution in the Emby server if you really want the clients to directly access the SMB shares?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by thefirstofthe300