Library Sync Thread has Exited (2.2.10) Issue Persists

bobydole
Go to solution Solved by bobydole,

bobydole

Howdy,

I am experiencing the "Library Sync Thread has Exited" on both incremental sync and initial sync. I have tried to wipe my Kodi DB and re-populate, but still recieve the error. I'm seeing this on two different android based devices (one nvidia shield running android tv 6.0 and one minix box running pure android on 4.4.2).

Logs can be found at http://xbmclogs.com/ptkgn6dnw .

PS: love your addon. I've been a long time Kodi user since back to the XBMP days on the OG Xbox and love the combination of emby and Kodi. Thanks for all your hard work.

Angelblue05

I don't understand how this is possible. Somehow you have an episode that has no series associated to it. Check the content right before the crash, is it properly identified? What is your folder structure for that content? Let me know,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

No we shouldn't crash, but still. How is this possible? An episode without a seriesId... Seems like something that should be reported to Luke.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@bobydole

Install this build, or you can also grab it from the public testing: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-Repository

One more thing... once the sync completes, restart Kodi to generate a new log. Then set the emby add-on log level to debug, and hit save in the metadata manager for this episode: Trial and Error (I think it's SGU?), wait 1 min or two, post your Kodi log. You should then set the log level back to info, thanks!

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

how does a episode not have a season? all good questions :-)

I guess we just need to accept that data we get back could potentially have missing items, we should probably always use .get("<key>") and check for None, if something critical is not found skip this item and log the error.

I'd rather just use a try/except. It avoids using get() + verification that it's None. On top of this, it's an oddity, a bug. (This was added in the build above)

Season thing I corrected this issue with the refactor. :)  It seems a bit different for the seriesId; because the episode was returned when searching for episodes under the specific seriesId... but the seriesId is missing at episode level.

Seems like a bug. I'd rather be certain, so we can have this fixed properly.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

well that is one way to confuse people I guess :)

Less confusing than "why is the episode not showing in Kodi"... At least now it's obvious the season is missing if you see it under season -1. It will make people go check their metadata manager and check the season number associated to the episode, because obviously -1 is not a valid or normal season number.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

xnappo

Yep, no great option, and -1 is better than not showing up at all.  Easier to answer without a log for sure.

• Solution
bobydole

Looks like the issue was in Emby after all. Emby had decided not to properly scrape the metadata for the files in question, thus when the addon tried to grab the info, it pooped out. 

After I went through and cleaned up the metadata, I re-synced everything worked just as expected. I didn't even need to install the beta build. 

Perhaps you could update the messaging to the user to double check Emby's metadata before they run off to the forums. Either way, thanks for the help. Topic can be closed!! 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for confirming. :) Yeah, as we progress the error messaging system will be refined. Right now, we just have a "catch all" errors.