Live TV

rcarteraz

rcarteraz

Is there a way to integrate Emby's live tv with Kodi through this addin? I don't see anything anywhere. I want to be able to control tv and recordings with Kodi so I can keep everything in one app.

xnappo

No, Kodi has a separate add-on system for live TV and it would be another project.  There was some work on it at one point, but it stalled.  Honestly I didn't follow it closely as I have to use WMC for live TV due to my tyrannical cable co.

• Like 1

rcarteraz

No, Kodi has a separate add-on system for live TV and it would be another project. There was some work on it at one point, but it stalled. Honestly I didn't follow it closely as I have to use WMC for live TV due to my tyrannical cable co.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hmm. That's what I thought. Well, I want to figure a way to have Live Tv that I can control the recording and what not in Kodi but still work with Emby so it's accessible via the server. Any ideas? Is there an add on that's supported by both?

xnappo

Yeah, a lot of people are doing a similar mix.  Hopefully someone else can help.

Vidman

You would need to use a different backend to do what you want Nextpvr or tvheadend or any of the others that have both kodi and emby plugins and support your TV tuners

Edited by Vidman