Live TV not working in ETv2

AdamJD75

AdamJD75

Hi. I've used Emby for years with WMC, then Win 10 killed off WMC so I had to use Kodi with Emby add-on. I tried the ETv2 as I'd rather step away from Kodi, Emby add-on and NextPVR client mix. This set up causes so many buggy issues that it ruins my experience. My question is, how does the live TV work? Is it relying on a PVR client? I can't see how to scan for channels. Do I need the premium version for it to work? I'm willing to pay but not if if it won't work on my setup!

Thanks.

jds828

I've not looked at all the ways of getting Live TV but I use Mediaportal as the backend. Add the Mediaportal plugin to Emby server and you have live TV on free or paid versions. Obviously it's not as straight forward as that but that's generally how I use it.

What setup do you have? There may be a better option for you.

• 3 weeks later...
AdamJD75

I have Kodi Isengard running with Next PVR and Emby. It works fine except for Next PVR, I'm forever seeing a 'connection lost' error with the PVR backend. It will happen mostly when I go to the guide. If Emby Theatre is going to use a built in PVR then I would change to it.

We do have built in support for hdhr tuners that don't require the use of any TV plugins.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

I've got an HDHomerun prime. Using this with Emby and using Schedules Direct for the guide, works perfectly, but it requires cable not satellite.