Emby library suddenly not showing up anymore

Ponyo

Ponyo

Emby and Kodi... never seen a more random piece of software than this.

I had to reinstall windows. Installed kodi 16.0 and latest emby repo. Did everything according to http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Emby_for_Kodi, exactly the same as I did earlier this week.

However when I go into my skin and want to change the video menu addon under emby it suddenly doesn't show the emby libraries anymore, only channels, favorites and whatever.

Yes my server is running and yes it accessible and yes kodi is using it (gives the welcome message) and yes the libraries show up on the emby webinterface.

I'm really sorry for not sounding very friendly but over this past week i've spent over 40 hours getting my htpc up and running but kodi and emby have a very high tendency to just fuck themselves up out of nowhere and Im getting really sick of it. I took the day off today to finish some things up but instead I ended up having to start from scratch and that wouldn't be so bad if at the very least the software would be doing what it supposed to do instead of just randomly working (or not).

Ponyo

Right

Removing all libraries and adding them one by one works. However after adding each library I need to exit Kodi, restart the Emby server, wait a while, and then the library will show up in Kodi.

Why? The exact same system with the exact same software versions did not have this issue two days ago.

Angelblue05

Sorry that you are having difficulties. I'll try to help the best I can. So if you go to video add-ons > emby > you don't see your emby libraries? That's not normal, they show up just fine for me. There was a breaking change to views, however it should not break existing video nodes and playlists. You could always try to run the refresh playlists/nodes to see if it helps (by launching the emby add-on).

What do you mean removing all libraries and re-adding? This sounds completely unnecessary.

Edited by Angelblue05

Ponyo

I know, they showed up fine for me until I had to reinstall windows as well.

The method I mentioned above worked for adding video libraries but it doesn't appear to be working for music. I didn't actually add music earlier but I suppose this works the same way as with video only with the database showing up under music addons -> emby?

Also though the libraries now show up, not all of them are updating properly. Some tv shows aren't shown in kodi while I can see them on the dashboard. All added at the same time so can't be a sync issue.

I'm going to reinstall emby, maybe that makes a difference.

post-115690-0-67691200-1457686477_thumb.png

Angelblue05

No, reinstalling emby wouldn't make a different. 

Music doesn't work the same way. You'd just use the Kodi music entry, since we add music straight to the kodi database.

The shows that are missing, can you give an example? Is it an empty show? Can you press save in the emby metadata manager for the show missing, wait a minute or two, then post the Kodi log so I can maybe see what's happening? I don't have any issues whatsoever. Are the shows showing up in the TV Shows Kodi entry under Videos?

Edit: I am going to sleep. I'll follow up with you later today, unless someone else assists you.

Edited by Angelblue05

Ponyo

It's not an issue with the scraper, its showing up in emby just fine. But it wasn't passed through to Kodi. That was the whole problem. My emby library wasn't showing up on kodi under video addons. I had to restart the server and kodi for that to happen but even then i'd wouldn't show some shows or my library would show up under video addons -> movies but it would just be an empty list, missing all the usual options where to point to (movies, latest additions etc).

I did a reinstall of emby and it appears to all be working now. The only thing I changed was the actual names of the folders holding my files. I think somehow giving the same name to your library is emby as the filename of the folder holding your files is somehow causing issues with kodi.

So making a library called movies with a folder called movies caused problems. Making a library called movies with the folder called films didn't cause problems. This is how I had it set up before formatting windows and this is how I did it after reinstalling emby.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but might be something to look into?

• Like 1