Loose Ability to Navigate

swhitmore

swhitmore

Unsure if this is a known issue or not. Currently if the window looses focus (alt-tab, or another program starts and takes focus), and the focus is returned to Emby, the user no longer has the ability to navigate.

I've also noticed other causes of this, but find them hard to reproduce. Sometimes returning from the screensaver can cause it too.

• Like 1

jds828

This maybe the same thing I had on my Surface yesterday.

I'm not sure what happened but the Emby screen was there but after various prods, pokes, swipes and swear words, the screen wouldn't do anything... I had to reboot to get things back to normal.

jordy

I've had it happen a few times on  my SP3. Always as a direct result of the screensaver... :(

pmac

Yeah, I've had this problem too. Seems to be okay if you manually click on it somewhere with the mouse, but that can be annoying if you don't have a mouse handy on your couch...

This is a known problem with losing focus. Seems to happen fairly regularly to me. I have to use a keyboard/mouse to regain the focus.

jordy

Doesn't always respond to the mouse/keyboard. I've had to kill it in task manager about 5 or 6 times. Double clicking anywhere on screen with the mouse when it is unresponsive will bring it out of full screen so you can see the Task-bar & get to Task Manager.

jsbarde

I have this issue too, I find that I can use the back button on my remote to go into settings, then mouse to one of the settings, then when I go back it works. It feels very much like a focus issue and for me seems to happen when I swap to anther device on my AVR, tho I have seen it from the built in screensaver.