Does Emby Theater update itself?

KarterJK

KarterJK

As new features, or fixes are made.  Does ET update automatically, or are new versions released and  we have to reinstall?

MBFanAddict

humm... mine does not self update on 3 different computers.

I have been running it since the first "new" Emby Theater builds on github. I have since downloaded the official Setup.exe on all three computers. I have to re-run that every time I want it to update.

Koleckai Silvestri

humm... mine does not self update on 3 different computers.

I have been running it since the first "new" Emby Theater builds on github. I have since downloaded the official Setup.exe on all three computers. I have to re-run that every time I want it to update.

I usually have to launch the app and do nothing with it for an hour or so, close it, then it will update on relaunch. I wish there was an "Update Now" button.

Latchmor

Until there's a built in way to do it - When you start ET, open C:\users\name\appdata\roaming\emby-theater\cache\temp

If there's an update, you'll see it downloading and when it's finished it moves to an update folder.

ET needs to be left open to keep the download going. The next restart will install it.

If nothing appears in the temp folder within seconds of opening ET, there is no update.

Edited by Latchmor