Kodi 16.0 - "Error Reaching Server"

SuperNotSupper

SuperNotSupper

Howdy

I've been using Emby for about a month now with a few different HTPC's. One of my PC's spontaneously stopped being able to reach the Emby server recently. It says "Error Connecting: Unable to reach server" no matter what I try. I was using 15.2 at the time it first happened so I decided to upgrade to Kodi 16.0 and all Emby add ons. That did not work so I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall both Kodi and Emby. This did not work either. Emby works perfect on my other HTPC's so I'm at a loss. I have uploaded my log file. I appreciate any help and thanks for the support.

Windows 10

Kodi 16.0

Emby 2.2.4

Server 5882.0

kodi.log

Edited by SuperNotSupper

Angelblue05

Looks like it's having trouble connecting to everything, not just emby. Have you tried running Kodi as admin? You would get more help posting on the Kodi forums. Sorry I can't be more help  :(

SuperNotSupper

Running as admin didn't help either. I appreciate the help regardless. I think at this point I'm just going to wipe the computer and start again.

• 2 weeks later...
SuperNotSupper

@@Angelblue05

Welp, I completely wiped everything and reinstalled the OS. It still does NOT work. I went out and checked my other laptop in the garage and it does not work now either (gives the same error). I don't know what the heck is going on. I would say an update with either kodi/emby/emby server did something, but my Desktop PC is still working perfectly fine. I thought maybe since my desktop has the server running on it that it may have something to do with it. This is so strange. Help?

Angelblue05

Yes, very strange. So it doesn't connect at all? Are you able to load the Kodi repository under settings > add-ons > install from repository? I really don't know what could be wrong, but it would help to know if the device is in fact connected or if it's something isolated to using Emby only.

SuperNotSupper

Yep, I can install from repository just fine. I enter the settings into the configuration main page and then wait. It will give me the "Error Connecting: Unable to reach server" after about 20-30 seconds.

dcrdev

I take it the machine which can't connect is Windows based? If so what's the output of:

nmap -p <Emby Port> <Emby IP>

Run that in a standard command prompt.

• 2 weeks later...
SuperNotSupper

I take it the machine which can't connect is Windows based? If so what's the output of:

nmap -p <Emby Port> <Emby IP>

Run that in a standard command prompt.

Sorry for the delayed response, didn't have access to the computer.

Yes it is Windows 10.

That command doesn't appear to work... tried it on the machine that does work.

Yields "< was unexpected at this time."

Edited by SuperNotSupper

dcrdev

Sorry for the delayed response, didn't have access to the computer.

Yes it is Windows 10.

That command doesn't appear to work... tried it on the machine that does work.

Yields "< was unexpected at this time."

Yes the "<" and ">" were not intended literally - just placeholders.

@@Delphi has provided an example.

SuperNotSupper

Wow, sorry... Long day on top of a Monday... I clearly wasn't thinking straight. D'oh.

SuperNotSupper

@SuperNotSupper 

try:

nmap -p 8096 192.168.0.102

Now I'm getting " 'nmap' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Again, this was tested on the functioning computer first.

ThaDraGun

This happened to me the other day too. Profile always connected when I started up kodi, then all of a sudden it gave that error message.

I cant remember the exact step that fixed it, but I didnt do anything too extreme like reinstall windows. 

I reset local database making sure it wiped the emby settings, I uninstalled emby. Also I did a fresh start of kodi.

After reinstalling the emby addon and entering the login info again it worked.