New install fails

zebo51

zebo51

Getting the below error.

An error occurred trying to download 'http://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/theater/windows/release/Emby.Theater.Installer.application'.

Long time web browser user and thought I would give ET a try.  No love :(

Hopefully something simple.

Thanks

Oh and it referenced an install log, below is the contents of that file.

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.3.0 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.51650'
Setting value '4.5.51650 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51650 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'
Edited by zebo51

zebo51

No luck, same error still.  I ran the command and nothing happened, just went back to my command prompt.  I'm running Win 8.1, so no IE enhanced security.

I really hope as stated in that thread that my only option is to not to delete my profile.

Any other things to try?

Thanks

well as a test maybe try creating a new user and see if that has any effect.

zebo51

I created a new profile and accidentally installed the old version of emby theater.  So then I installed the new version and it worked, but I'm getting the error program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing .....  I recall seeing a post about reinstalling .NET, but looking I don't have a full .NET framework installed.  I have TCP port sharing under .NET Framework 4.5 installed.

Jdiesel

I created a new profile and accidentally installed the old version of emby theater.  So then I installed the new version and it worked, but I'm getting the error program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing .....  I recall seeing a post about reinstalling .NET, but looking I don't have a full .NET framework installed.  I have TCP port sharing under .NET Framework 4.5 installed.

d3dx9_43.dll is a DirectX file. Run the DirectX installer to restore the missing file.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx%3Fid%3D35