ETA for fixing playing in-progress recordings?

jonathanrn

jonathanrn

Hi there,

I'm loving everything about Emby and I really want to deploy it to replace WMC, however the Live TV recording is not stable enough. I tried the beta server but I still wasn't able to play a show that was currently being recorded. I mentioned it in another post and Luke said it was an area of improvement and was going to be worked on. I was wondering if there is an area on the forums that kept track of things like that so I could check in time-to-time to see progress?

Thanks! 

Jonathan

• 5 months later...
cowsr4eating

Playing in-progress recordings is on our to do list.

This is the #1 lacking feature that has my wife irritated with Emby.  I seriously do not miss commercial skip ... Emby Home Theater has evolved to a responsiveness better than my aging SageTV.  Recordings work flawlessly with MP4 conversion capabilities  If I can only play in-progress recordings I would be in SOOO happy.  Only other feature that would be nice to have, but does not piss of the wife because I manually accomplish ... save at most XX recordings.

Despite these two lack of features I have to say I am 99% off of my SageTV, except for one live show the wife wants to play in-progress recordings.  Give the show a 10-15 minute head start and we can skip the commercials to "catch up" by the end of the hour.  We got back 15-20 minutes of our life, and the wife is happy ... no pill can accomplish that in my house!  Please Emby!  Help me save my marriage!