a lot of video formats not supported

plessers@gmail.com

plessers@gmail.com

Hello,

Switching from PLEX to EMBY, because I love the concept of "mixed content" (pictures & home video's in same folder and displayed with emby)

I indexed my picture library wich contains also a lot of video's made by all kind of portable devices.

Now I notice that there are quit a few regular formats that can not be played with emby

On Dropbox, I uploaded some video's of my archive

https://www.dropbox.com/l/sh/HrPQVzfflpbraFXpurd6ft 

nothing spectacular, just made with an  old Olympus camera, iPad, Lumix, Lumnia phone, etc...

Video's that are NOT playing on my EMBY-server are

2004-OLYMPUS-QT-MOV
2006-IMGP4589-AVI
2016-LUMIX-MOV

Codec information is attached.

Is this normal?

Can I do something to make emby understand those files?

kind regards,
Bart

2004-OLYMPUS-QT-MOV.txt

2006-IMGP4589-AVI.txt

2016-LUMIX-MOV.txt

Edited by plessers@gmail.com

waynedunham

I've been trying to get Emby to see my recordings from SageTv and even though I've pointed it to my recordings directories it sees nothing.   I have to believe it is because of the formats being recorded.   They are MPEG-TS (.ts) files mostly with a few (.mpg) mixed in.  Any way to get Emby to "see" them?

Edited by waynedunham

Hi @@Luke,

I'm afraid from not...

Yea I've noticed some ffmpeg failures with home-recorded videos. need to look into that.

I've been trying to get Emby to see my recordings from SageTv and even though I've pointed it to my recordings directories it sees nothing.   I have to believe it is because of the formats being recorded.   They are MPEG-TS (.ts) files mostly with a few (.mpg) mixed in.  Any way to get Emby to "see" them?

Hi, welcome. Since this doesn't relate to this discussion, please open a new one. Thanks.

waynedunham

Hi, welcome. Since this doesn't relate to this discussion, please open a new one. Thanks.

And where would one suggest I post a message about formats supported better than a thread titled "a lot of video formats not supported"?

And where would one suggest I post a message about formats supported better than a thread titled "a lot of video formats not supported"?

You are making an assumption that the reason your items don't show up is due to their format.  I think that is probably not the case (since we do support those formats), so Luke is just asking for more complete details on your exact situation and to put that in a new thread so it can be responded to and tracked better.  Thanks.

How to Report a Problem