Screen "Focus"/ TMT not on top issue

Jabberwockie
Go to solution Solved by Jabberwockie,

Jabberwockie

Hard to describe this issue but prior to installing MB3 (moved from MB2) yesterday I had no issues controlling the playback through TMT5 using MCE controller program to fire  keystroke commands via my RTI remote.  Now for whatever reason, there is some sort of issue with the way Media browser is minimizing and trying to launch TMT.  Its some sort of "screen" focus or "on top " issue. 

Here is the repro to help explain:

1) from MB3 client (using chocolate theme), using my remote control, I select a movie.  Movie play button is highlighted.   

2) I hit select on my remote(fires a windows key command for "enter")
3) Media center minimizes, Media browser splash screen comes up, TMT fires up several seconds later and the movie goes to the DVD menu screen.

4) Only thing is none of my key commands from the remote will work until I connect a keyboard and mouse click on the window to set the focus.  Then the remote and key commands work.  This was not an issue with MB2.

Current server version:  3.0.5099.2102

Current MB-classic version: 3.0.100.0 B12-4.1

Thanks in advance,

PB

Edited by Jabberwockie

• Solution
Jabberwockie

Hard to describe this issue but prior to installing MB3 (moved from MB2) yesterday I had no issues controlling the playback through TMT5 using MCE controller program to fire  keystroke commands via my RTI remote.  Now for whatever reason, there is some sort of issue with the way Media browser is minimizing and trying to launch TMT.  Its some sort of "screen" focus or "on top " issue. 

Here is the repro to help explain:

1) from MB3 client (using chocolate theme), using my remote control, I select a movie.  Movie play button is highlighted.   

2) I hit select on my remote(fires a windows key command for "enter")

3) Media center minimizes, Media browser splash screen comes up, TMT fires up several seconds later and the movie goes to the DVD menu screen.

4) Only thing is none of my key commands from the remote will work until I connect a keyboard and mouse click on the window to set the focus.  Then the remote and key commands work.  This was not an issue with MB2.

Current server version:  3.0.5099.2102

Current MB-classic version: 3.0.100.0 B12-4.1

Thanks in advance,

PB

SOLVED - changed the settings in the MB3 classic configurator for external players to use the TMT5 player add-on instead of using the uMCEPlayer.