A couple questions about Home Videos

GollyJer

GollyJer

I'm having two separate issues with Home Videos.

1. I have set the Genre on my home movies but they don't show up in the smart playlists (filtered by genre) in Kodi. I'm not sure if I should expect genres for home video to work.

2. In the Emby playlists, 'Home Video' is displayed as TV/Movie, allowing all the view customization for video.  If the Home Video is added as a 'Favorite' and then accessed via a home screen menu, Kodi displays the list it as Music.  None of the view customization for video are available.  It's pretty weird... not sure how to get around it.

Thanks for any help!

Angelblue05

Home videos are not added to the Kodi database. The way to access them is by launching the emby for kodi add-on > Home Videos (The list is pulled from the server at that time). This means you can't use Kodi features with it. It behaves like a "channel"

I can't repeat the music thing, I access via video add-ons > emby > Home Videos > Favorite home videos > Items are listed as video content.

GollyJer

Thanks again for the reply Angelblue.  That makes sense that they aren't added to the database, thanks.

The way I was creating a custom menu on my home screen was to

1. Navigate to video add-ons > emby > Home Videos and use the context menu to add it to Kodi Favorites.
  2. Create a menu item in my skin that opens the Favorite.
  3. This is basically a shortcut to Home Videos but it shows up as music.

Angelblue05

Can you tell me the action associated to your menu item that opens the Favorites? Thanks

GollyJer

Sure....

<favourite name="Workout" thumb="DefaultTVShows.png">ActivateWindow(10502,"plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folderid=69bf07131064355f83f28cb4c3fe74c7&id=Home%20videos&mode=browsecontent&type=homevideos",return)</favourite>

I'm basically trying to figure out the best way to organize and directly link to 'Genre's' of Home Videos.  This is my workaround because they don't import into the Kodi database.

The setup I'm attempting is to have a subfolder for each "Genre" in my main Home Videos folder.  In this example I have a Workout folder. I then create a Kodi favorite of each folder.  Then create a menu shortcut to each favorite on my homescreen.

It all works great except this Music issue.

Thanks!

• Like 1