Trakt.tv: Sync library to trakt.tv schedule task?

Nazgulled
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Nazgulled

Could someone please clarify exactly what the "Sync library to trakt.tv" task does?

I can't find any information on what exactly does this sync...

based on the name it sounds like it will inform trakt of the contents of your emby server library, for display in your trakt account.

Nazgulled

I just wanted to be sure because I have a feeling it will sync my library to a collection list on trakt and if that's true, I'd rather keep that option unchecked. But was hoping someone could confirm that for me...

I don't use trakt personally that's just what I think the feature did based on my observations here.

• Solution
Redshirt

I haven't been involved with Trakt for a while, but the sync to trakt task is just supposed to update trakt.tv based on the content of the local Emby server.Originally it would add items to trakt.tv but it's possible that it's been updated to delete from trakt.tv if items aren't found on the local Emby server. I believe it used to sync watched states to Trakt.tv as well.

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 1

Nazgulled

I'm still a bit confused but I guess I'll just take a look at the source code and/or give this task a go and see what it does exactly...

Thanks.

Nazgulled

Ok, I just tried this with a fake account and can I confirm that the "Sync library to trakt.tv" task syncs all your movies/tv shows to your Trakt.tv collection. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Well open issues would be most important. But apart from that, the number one thing I would like to see is to just have the plugin work automatically as much as possible out of the box. Right you have to run scheduled tasks to take care of certain things that most people would just expect to happen automatically.

Nazgulled

I see what you mean... But unfortunately I don't have the spare time to dig into such issues. But my suggestion would be to get those interesting and missing features into the GitHub issues, so that everyone interested in helping out could understand what is missing from the plugin and have a detailed background on what exactly needs to be implemented and how it should work. Maybe I can find some time for that in the future, but I can't promise anything.

• 3 weeks later...