Can't Suspend/Hibernate?

hansolo77

hansolo77

I know I keep asking these weird questions, sorry about that.

Anyway, today's question:  Does having the Server installed on a computer prevent that computer from entering Standby/Suspend/Hibernate?  I just installed all the server/client stuff a couple days ago, and I noticed my computer hasn't gone into the low-power mode since.  I checked the scheduled tasks here and there and noticed it WAS doing stuff (like updating people, chapter extraction, updating the library).  But once this is all said and done, will my computer resume is regular standby procedures, or is it pretty much going to be on 24/7 now because of the way the server runs?

If there is no way for the computer now to automatically resume it's standby modes, I might have to ditch MB3 and go back to MB2.  I can't have this beast running all the time, especially with all the server stuff going on.  Last night, my bedroom was at 92 degrees (I have a room heater with built in thermometer/thermostat) and it was because the server was doing a chapter extraction.  Way too hot for comfort.

it shouldn't affect it. you can click into the scheduled tasks and adjust when they run to suit your needs.

hansolo77

Yeah I just went through the scheduled tasks and set everything to 12:00pm.  I tried to set it to 24:00 but it changed the input time to 12:00pm when I did that (might be a bug?).  Hopefully having everything go at once at noon should fix everything.  Thanks again Luke for your help!

hansolo77

Yeah I just wish I could have put it ON my server, but I couldn't do the the .net 4.5 requirement.