Cannot connect outside of network on iOS or from web

sedvideo

sedvideo

I've been through many of other threads in here, and tried all that is suggested, and for the life of me cannot connect to my server from outside of my local network. It worked a few months ago, and now it doesn't. I have been off the service for a while. Not sure what would have changed. I've reinstalled the server, updated the app, forwarded the port on my Apple router, still nothing. Any suggestions? I'm happy to give any further information, just can't get it to work and am getting frustrated. Thanks!

Brandon

• 3 weeks later...
sedvideo

Still frustrated with this, still not able to connect. I've done everything on the Connectivity page, and cannot connect outside of the local network. I'm running the server on Windows 10, I have an Apple Airport Extreme Router, I've opened port 8096 to the local ip address, 10.0.1.4, I've opened that port on the firewall, I've tried turning the firewall off. The external address looks like an IPv6 address, so I have that unblocked on the router, but not sure about that part. What should my external address look like? Its a big long number/letter string. This all used to work flawlessly, but now does not. I did not do anything drastic to my network, so am quite stumped. I'm happy to provide any information about my setup, I'd really like to see this working. Thanks!

Brandon

sedvideo

That is the local ip address. I am now seeing the server from outside the network, but it is only through the external address, not Emby Connect. And the external address is now no longer the really long string of numbers, but now looks like a more normal ip address. Still trying, but can provide any more details needed.

thanks.

sedvideo

Now when I log in using the external ip address outside of the local network, I don't see the media library I have added. ?

sedvideo

I re-added the library, and it shows up. everything seemingly works as it all should. not even sure what I did in all this, but obviously something happened in the details that it is now functioning outside of the local network. hmm.

Vidman

That is what I mean is your server statically assigned to or reserved the ip 10.0.1.4 ? Because if not and it is using dchp the server ip can periodically change which fouls up your port forwarding