Android TV Kodi Crash

breezytm

breezytm

Hey dev, 

Just wanted to bring to ya attention a behavior I've been noticing with Kodi on ATV Shield. If I leave Kodi running but minimized and I also have the "Enable new content notification" under Server messages checked in the Emby addon, Emby crashes all the time. If unchecked it doesn't crash if I minimize the app and put the shield to sleep. 

Not sure if there is much that could be done about it. I just figured i'll share anyway. Currently I disabled the notification because I always want kodi running in the background. 

Angelblue05

I think I've seen something like that happen. Well it doesn't crash my htpc, however it seems like Kodi keeps in memory notifications while minimized. Then, starts displaying them all as soon as kodi is in focus....Maybe the more notifications it "holds", the more memory it uses, which makes the crash happen? It's very weird....

I could maybe skip the notification if the screensaver is activated? I don't know if it also happens if there's no screensaver activated?

Edited by Angelblue05

breezytm

I think I've seen something like that happen. Well it doesn't crash my htpc, however it seems like Kodi keeps in memory notifications while minimized. Then, starts displaying them all as soon as kodi is in focus....Maybe the more notifications it "holds", the more memory it uses, which makes the crash happen? It's very weird....

I could maybe skip the notification if the screensaver is activated? I don't know if it also happens if there's no screensaver activated?

I can test and reply back but i typically just put the shield to sleep when I am done with it.