Images for Folders

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

moviefan

During either the beta for the iOS app or sometime after it was officially released there was a brief period of time where the images that were being displayed on the "Library" tab for my folders appeared to be constructed from a collection of titles within the folders.  I don't have screenshot of it unfortunately but it looked much cooler than it does now where it just shows icons representing the type of content within the folders except for Trailers...

56db472863de4_IMG_4455.png

Is there any way to get the earlier eye candy back?  I thought it looked much better that way.

just configure the images you'd prefer to have using the emby server library setup

• 6 months later...
moviefan

Sorry to revive this old post but I can better explain what I am talking about now.  I setup a new system on my Synology NAS and created a Library there pointing to my TV folder.

Emby then automatically created an image for the folder consisting of multiple covers from series I have within that folder, like you can see here:

57d7774ae43c5_IMG_5054.png

I am not the best with image editing and what not.  But is there a way to get Emby to create these images later on?  Do I need to delete and re-add the library to my existing setup to force generation?

Also, is there any way to choose the series that it uses the covers from?

Thanks.

There is no way to choose them other than designing your own image. It will periodically refresh them so there's nothing you need to do.

moviefan

So is there something stopping it from auto-refreshing for my older system that is installed on Windows?

Because this is still the images that I get there; and they haven't refreshed since I made this OP back in March:

57d785617bd1b_IMG_5055.png

• Solution

In your case you have pre-existing images so it is not going to replace them. Those images might have come from older versions of Emby Server, but as far as it's concerned, you have your own images and it's going to leave them alone. So you need to delete them first.

• Like 1

moviefan

Ok thank you for the explanation.  That makes sense.

So I just deleted all the primary and thumb images for these folders, but I left the backdrops.  Will that be sufficient to have it recreate a Primary or Thumb image?  Or do I need to delete the backdrops as well?

About how long should I expect to wait for it to create them?

Edited by moviefan