File Permissions Guide for New Linux Users

thefirstofthe300
Go to solution Solved by Richard Branches,

Q-Droid

Which change? Basically any changes to the setup require that you recreate the container so yes, you run it through again.

If you've gotten as far as adding users, libraries and scanning then you might want to preserve that info unless it was quick and small in the first place. In that case starting over could be just as quick.

On the container side the paths can remain the same so it's a matter of copying/moving to change the location on the host side if you want to save your progress so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Hairlock

Okay went back at it after messing around with debian without proxmox...

docker run -d \
  --name=emby \
  -e PUID=1000 \
  -e PGID=1000 \
  -e TZ=Etc/UTC \
  -p 8096:8096 \
  -p 8920:8920 `#optional` \
  -v /var/lib/emby:/config \
  -v /media/share/series:/data/tvshows \
  -v /media/share/movies:/data/movies \
  -v /opt/vc/lib:/opt/vc/lib `#optional` \
  --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri `#optional` \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  lscr.io/linuxserver/emby:latest

/media/share/series (and movies) are SMB shares mounted in fstab, I can see the content when LS'ing the directory.

But emby still won't show me anything below /media/

Both media (that I can see in emby interface) and share (right under media) look the same though...

drwxr-xr-x   4 root root  4096 13 oct.  01:18 media

drwxr-xr-x   4 root root 4096 13 oct.  01:19 share

What am I doing wrong ? I tried adding the uid thing mentioned in earlier comments in fstab, might have done it wrong (but debian reported no error) :

//192.168.1.25/movies /media/share/movies cifs rw,uid=1000,gid=1000,username=batuu,password=PASSWORD 0 0
//192.168.1.25/series /media/share/series cifs username=batuu,password=PASSWORD 0 0

Edited by Hairlock

Q-Droid

Read through the thread below to see if the mount options in the fstab entries are helpful. If you can see the contents of movies and series from the shell then it should also work in Docker. The trick is to make sure the given UID/GID has access. There are options in this thread that could be relevant.

Hairlock

Doesn't seem to be working, am I doing it wrong ?

image.png.002716e7d980cdc5b69af5c353357ad2.png

I can see the data in the terminal with an LS, so that must be an emby permission issue of some sort...

Edited by Hairlock

Hairlock

Okay I figured it out : in docker you set this like that (in my case at least).

-v /media/share/series:/data/tvshows \
  -v /media/share/movies:/data/movies \

That means emby will find the relevant data not in "media/share" but in "data/tvshows".

100% next time I install I get this wrong again. Thanks for your support guys, and sorry for my noobiness :P

• Like 1

Q-Droid

You were trying to find the files using the host path instead of the container path? I didn't catch on to that from your posts. 

• 4 months later...
Nitro_Zeus

@thefirstofthe300 I have spinned up a PC with Ubuntu 22.04 and when I want to upload my certificate, i can only see some /snap, etc. storage locations. i cant even see documents, downloads etc. how do I give emby the right to look at my documents and second hard drive 

image.png.3952e2bc4b5236552e5079c590558b45.png

11 minutes ago, Nitro_Zeus said:

@thefirstofthe300 I have spinned up a PC with Ubuntu 22.04 and when I want to upload my certificate, i can only see some /snap, etc. storage locations. i cant even see documents, downloads etc. how do I give emby the right to look at my documents and second hard drive 

image.png.3952e2bc4b5236552e5079c590558b45.png

Hi, try you try typing in the path manually?

Nitro_Zeus

i could gain access to /home/ and find documents from there. 

How do i give emby permission to look at my external drive? 
Sorry for bad picture quality

image.thumb.png.e5f064b5046966a4cfecddc8845d9dfc.png

24 minutes ago, Nitro_Zeus said:

i could gain access to /home/ and find documents from there. 

How do i give emby permission to look at my external drive? 
Sorry for bad picture quality

image.thumb.png.e5f064b5046966a4cfecddc8845d9dfc.png

Did you go through the advice in the first post of this topic?

Nitro_Zeus

i did, but its hard to usnerstand what I need to do based on what he's writing, I'm not that good to file permissions on linux :(

8 hours ago, Nitro_Zeus said:

i did, but its hard to usnerstand what I need to do based on what he's writing, I'm not that good to file permissions on linux :(

Hi, where are you stuck?

• 3 weeks later...
PHPpro

Hi all,

I am having a permission problem setting up emby on a rasberry pi running. Emby is running fine and it can read my media library, but what it can't do is write properly.
I have my media library running on an old Windows box, so I am using fstab to mount the shared folder to the emby server. My fstab looks like this 

//192.168.0.104/Shared\040Folders /mnt/homeserver cifs vers=3.0,gid=users,dir_mode=0775,auto,credentials=/home/ryan/.credfile 0 0

I have added the emby user to my users group by running this command

sudo usermod -a -G users emby

so now my /etc/group file has this line 

users:x:100:ryan,emby

and when I run `ls -l` on the directory that has all my movie folders I see results like this

drwxrwxr-x 2 ryan users 0 Mar 27 00:51  TOP_GUN
drwxrwxr-x 2 ryan users 0 Mar 26 14:49  TOP_GUN_MAVERICK

When I run `ls -l` on a specific directory I get

-rwxr-xr-x 1 ryan users 37786506317 Dec 26 04:15 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4

After running a refresh of the metadata an nfo file is created, but it is empty

-rwxr-xr-x 1 ryan users 37786506317 Dec 26 04:15 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ryan users           0 Mar 27 02:06 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.nfo

When I check the logs this is what I see

2024-03-27 02:05:53.841 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN/TOP_GUN.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2024-03-27 02:05:54.502 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-03-27 02:05:56.316 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.21-v7+ (dom@buildbot) (arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-8 (Ubuntu/Linaro 8.4.0-3ubuntu1) 8.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #1642
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: arm/arm
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN/TOP_GUN.nfo' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.CheckIo(Error error, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
	   at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
	   at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileStreamOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions, Int64 preAllocationSize)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType updateType, IMetadataSaver[] savers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void CheckIo(Error, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

2024-03-27 02:05:56.323 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN_MAVERICK/TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2024-03-27 02:05:57.802 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-03-27 02:06:00.659 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.21-v7+ (dom@buildbot) (arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-8 (Ubuntu/Linaro 8.4.0-3ubuntu1) 8.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #1642
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN_MAVERICK/TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.nfo' is denied.
	   at Interop.CheckIo(Error error, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
	   at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
	   at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileStreamOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions, Int64 preAllocationSize)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType updateType, IMetadataSaver[] savers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	TargetSite: Void CheckIo(Error, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

I thought it might be file level permissions so I updated the fstab to be this

//192.168.0.104/Shared\040Folders /mnt/homeserver cifs vers=3.0,gid=users,dir_mode=0775,file_mode=0775,auto,credentials=/home/ryan/.credfile 0 0

After a reboot the permissions look like this 

-rwxrwxr-x 1 ryan users 37786506317 Dec 26 04:15 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4
-rwxrwxr-x 1 ryan users           0 Mar 27 02:06 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.nfo

But after refreshing the metadata the nfo file is deleted.

-rwxrwxr-x 1 ryan users 37786506317 Dec 26 04:15 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4

Here is the log

2024-03-27 02:31:13.811 Info App: Refresh metadata requested on 129710
2024-03-27 02:31:13.835 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 73ms. POST http://192.168.0.34:8096/emby/Items/129710/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=25991608-2881-4877-8dd7-a96780c3b131&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2024-03-27 02:31:14.312 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN/TOP_GUN.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2024-03-27 02:31:15.532 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-03-27 02:31:16.578 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=x_secret2_x
2024-03-27 02:31:16.723 Info TheMovieDb: MovieDb settings: {"images":{"base_url":"http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","secure_base_url":"https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","backdrop_sizes":["w300","w780","w1280","original"],"logo_sizes":["w45","w92","w154","w185","w300","w500","original"],"poster_sizes":["w92","w154","w185","w342","w500","w780","original"],"profile_sizes":["w45","w185","h632","original"],"still_sizes":["w92","w185","w300","original"]},"change_keys":["adult","air_date","also_known_as","alternative_titles","biography","birthday","budget","cast","certifications","character_names","created_by","crew","deathday","episode","episode_number","episode_run_time","freebase_id","freebase_mid","general","genres","guest_stars","homepage","images","imdb_id","languages","name","network","origin_country","original_name","original_title","overview","parts","place_of_birth","plot_keywords","production_code","production_companies","production_countries","releases","revenue","runtime","season","season_number","season_regular","spoken_languages","status","tagline","title","translations","tvdb_id","tvrage_id","type","video","videos"]}
2024-03-27 02:31:20.130 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN/TOP_GUN.nfo' is denied.
	   at System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset(SafeFileHandle handle, ReadOnlySpan`1 buffer, Int64 fileOffset)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.ExecuteInternal()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask.ValueTaskSourceAsTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__4_0(Object state)
	TargetSite: Void WriteAtOffset(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Byte], Int64)
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

2024-03-27 02:31:26.585 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.0.34:8096/emby/Items/164319/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=25991608-2881-4877-8dd7-a96780c3b131&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2024-03-27 02:31:26.589 Info App: Refresh metadata requested on 164319
2024-03-27 02:31:26.589 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 5ms. POST http://192.168.0.34:8096/emby/Items/164319/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=25991608-2881-4877-8dd7-a96780c3b131&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2024-03-27 02:31:26.693 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN_MAVERICK/TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2024-03-27 02:31:28.244 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-03-27 02:31:31.378 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN_MAVERICK/TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.nfo' is denied.
	   at System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset(SafeFileHandle handle, ReadOnlySpan`1 buffer, Int64 fileOffset)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.ExecuteInternal()
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask.ValueTaskSourceAsTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__4_0(Object state)
	TargetSite: Void WriteAtOffset(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Byte], Int64)
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Finally I tried making the emby user the owner of the directorys and files in the mount

//192.168.0.104/Shared\040Folders /mnt/homeserver cifs vers=3.0,uid=emby,gid=users,dir_mode=0775,file_mode=0775,auto,credentials=/home/ryan/.credfile 0 0

directory listing

drwxrwxr-x 2 emby users 0 Mar 27 02:31  TOP_GUN
drwxrwxr-x 2 emby users 0 Mar 27 02:31  TOP_GUN_MAVERICK

files

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emby users 37786506317 Dec 26 04:15 TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4

after running a metadata refresh there is no NFO file and the following is in the logs

2024-03-27 02:46:44.655 Info App: Refresh metadata requested on 129710
2024-03-27 02:46:44.673 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 66ms. POST http://192.168.0.34:8096/emby/Items/129710/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=25991608-2881-4877-8dd7-a96780c3b131&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2024-03-27 02:46:45.198 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN/TOP_GUN.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2024-03-27 02:46:46.441 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-03-27 02:46:47.520 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=x_secret2_x
2024-03-27 02:46:47.658 Info TheMovieDb: MovieDb settings: {"images":{"base_url":"http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","secure_base_url":"https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","backdrop_sizes":["w300","w780","w1280","original"],"logo_sizes":["w45","w92","w154","w185","w300","w500","original"],"poster_sizes":["w92","w154","w185","w342","w500","w780","original"],"profile_sizes":["w45","w185","h632","original"],"still_sizes":["w92","w185","w300","original"]},"change_keys":["adult","air_date","also_known_as","alternative_titles","biography","birthday","budget","cast","certifications","character_names","created_by","crew","deathday","episode","episode_number","episode_run_time","freebase_id","freebase_mid","general","genres","guest_stars","homepage","images","imdb_id","languages","name","network","origin_country","original_name","original_title","overview","parts","place_of_birth","plot_keywords","production_code","production_companies","production_countries","releases","revenue","runtime","season","season_number","season_regular","spoken_languages","status","tagline","title","translations","tvdb_id","tvrage_id","type","video","videos"]}
2024-03-27 02:46:50.903 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

2024-03-27 02:47:03.463 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.0.34:8096/emby/Items/164319/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=25991608-2881-4877-8dd7-a96780c3b131&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2024-03-27 02:47:03.471 Info App: Refresh metadata requested on 164319
2024-03-27 02:47:03.474 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 12ms. POST http://192.168.0.34:8096/emby/Items/164319/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=25991608-2881-4877-8dd7-a96780c3b131&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2024-03-27 02:47:03.606 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/homeserver/Movies/TOP_GUN_MAVERICK/TOP_GUN__MAVERICK.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2024-03-27 02:47:05.111 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-03-27 02:47:08.089 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

The log makes it seem like a permission issue, but even after making the emby user the owner of the mount I am still able to write files and edit those files via the command line. 

I am at a loss for what it might be. Any ideas?

Q-Droid

You could try a couple of things. Add the nobrl option to see if that's still a problem with CIFS and exclude the version to let it negotiate which one to use.

PHPpro
On 3/27/2024 at 5:22 AM, Q-Droid said:

You could try a couple of things. Add the nobrl option to see if that's still a problem with CIFS and exclude the version to let it negotiate which one to use.

Thanks, the nobrl option worked.

• Thanks 1